DIY TL A Spec side skirts on 6th gen sedan....

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I just picked up my entire TL A Spec kit today even came with wing and the trunk lid and wiring. I already have the wing so its going for sale as well as front and rear lip. I will post everything with pics in full detail on how I make them fit, I know they are hard to find so most cant use this info but for they few lucky peeps who do get them this will be very useful. I will post pics up tomorrow of what I got, I had no time today cuz wife had to go to ER. Progress will begin Monday.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Excited for the DIY man! Hope your wife is doing better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks man it was a 6 hr wait to find out its some sort of virus and nothing they can do about it. Well here's pics as promised I paid 400 for everything. There not the greatest pics I was limited for time I had to work.
The tl must of been slammed they are all scraped up on the bottoms but whatever. Fun begins monday.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
So I had a few hours to start progress got them on and fitted just gotta seal up the end caps and prime them up.

Removing the side skirts requires a jack and stands also a Phillips and flathead screwdriver. I'm not going into full detail on how to remove them cuz its pretty straight forward.

The products used to glue and prep. I used 3m flexible bumper repair kit and various 3m sandpapers

Skirt comparison

Before and after the cutting

What I plan to do for the end caps.. I cut the ends off and im using 3M flexible bumper repair kit to glue them on and will use kitty hair or mesh on the back to make it strong, the 3M is flexible and paintable.

End caps I removed.

I cut along the dotted line.

End result

Final fitment

One place needs to be worked on to give it a nice OEM fitment once I cap it I will resolve this.

More to come Monday. My brother just offerd to paint all my lip and front bumper for the show. I'm super excited about that will post that progress in my ride thread.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Nice job! Exactly what I did to my sideskirts. I hope this mod doesn't become too popular because I liked being different but I guess I'll have to enjoy it for the time being. Nice write up!

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I'm happy with the turn out been waiting to find these 4 a long time.

Nice job! Exactly what I did to my sideskirts. I hope this mod doesn't become too popular because I liked being different but I guess I'll have to enjoy it for the time being. Nice write up!
I don't know how many could really do it they are quite hard to find.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Somewhere a 2G TL owner in need of this kit weeps haha.

Nice work so far, definitely document how you attach the end of the skirt back on, as well as anything you do to get the skirt to fit better otherwise. This could be a good guide for someone.

Last edited:
Back