AC does not work,no power to any options in center consol

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Okay guys. Iv been having issues with my AC control panel in the bezel above the radio. Im getting no power to it.
I have checked the fuses that I believe correspond but could still be over looking it.

I know my compressor is bad,but that should not cause my entire panel not to work.I still need heat and defrost for when it fogs.

any tips on where to check now? Radio,lights everything else works perfectly fine.

619rcr

Reaction score
What specifically doesn't work? The fan? the backlights? The temp control? The mode selector? All of it? The more detail the better. There are several relays to check in the underhood box to correspond with the climate control. Relays don't often go bad in my experience. But, they are interchangeable for the most part for troubleshooting.

Also What is the yr and which engine was your car originally lev, ulev? auto or manual climate control?

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Climate control does not work- fan speed does only.
Button for face vent, leg vent,defrost, all buttons do not light up.
99 accord f23a1. 5 speed- manual climate control
Going to borrow another climate control and test it out this weekend.

Khurrum

Reaction score
Climate control does not work- fan speed does only.
Button for face vent, leg vent,defrost, all buttons do not light up.
99 accord f23a1. 5 speed- manual climate control
Going to borrow another climate control and test it out this weekend.

Any luck on this issue? I am having the exact same problem (2000,4-cyl,5spd)
-fan works but no modes,ac,defrost,re-circulation, no lights.
-I swapped the relays around and still no luck.
-Intermittently turns on and works normally then shuts off, no specific trigger point for when it does though.
-I think it could be a bad board, what did you find out?

Thanks!!!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Yes I fixed the issue,My entire panel was bad,I just took one out of a total loss at work and put it in.AC blows cold as can be!

phi1542

Reaction score
I dont have this exact problem but my AC isnt working right. It blows somewhat cold air (might need a recharge) but only from the side vents (passenger and driver side) but no air comes out of the 2 middle ones above the climate control. Sometimes it will blow air air and sometimes it wont. Its random. Also the settings dont work. Like face only, face and legs, legs only, etc. Air always blows out the sides and legs but if you change the settings nothing happens. What could be causing this issue? 2002 coupe 4cyl 5spd

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^auto or manual climate control? Sounds like something in the assembly that reroutes the air is not working. Disconnect your battery for a few minutes, then reconnect and go inside your car and turn the key to ignition position 2. Then turn on your climate control and listen for a buzzing noise that lasts a few seconds.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
I dont have this exact problem but my AC isnt working right. It blows somewhat cold air (might need a recharge) but only from the side vents (passenger and driver side) but no air comes out of the 2 middle ones above the climate control. Sometimes it will blow air air and sometimes it wont. Its random. Also the settings dont work. Like face only, face and legs, legs only, etc. Air always blows out the sides and legs but if you change the settings nothing happens. What could be causing this issue? 2002 coupe 4cyl 5spd

4 cyl so manual climate controls. Do the lights on your climate controls work? And all buttons? The side vents are always on. If the lights don't work you need to repair your climate controls which I did a DIY on or you can replace them with an ebay unit.

Back