Wiring DRL

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Hey community I was wondering if this wiring procedure I just thought up would work to make DRLs. So if I just used the normal high beam bulbs and connectors but I wired it up to where there is a wire on either side of the car such as one wire for each bulb, then I connect the wire to the positive of the connector and put a diode then a resistor on it and put it to ignition positive? So it would go a little like this.... Positive from ignition>resistor>diode>twisted in with positive of high beam connector>bulb

james'99

Reaction score
I did it with two relays, an add a fuse, an inline fuse, and connectors. Did an add a fuse to the sunroof fuse. That was the trigger for relay 1. Then, wired relay 2 to be triggered off by the low beams coming on but its power supply came through relay 1. I ran the two bulbs in series to cut the voltage in half. Make sense?

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I did it with two relays, an add a fuse, an inline fuse, and connectors. Did an add a fuse to the sunroof fuse. That was the trigger for relay 1. Then, wired relay 2 to be triggered off by the low beams coming on but its power supply came through relay 1. I ran the two bulbs in series to cut the voltage in half. Make sense?

Honestly not completely

FNCONE

Reaction score
Hamsar DRL relay is what i used diagrams can be found online

Back