Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Register to remove these ads

Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Points: 16,944, Level: 39 Points: 16,944, Level: 39 Points: 16,944, Level: 39
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

CDsDontBurn is somewhat reliable
Re: Front Adjustable UCAs - Suggestions

You're talking about the Ingalls?

I've found some adjustable units from a company called TruHart. I've heard of this company before, and the fact that they aren't "ebay only" makes me feel more comfortable about their product over the GodSpeed units that were linked earlier in this thread.
2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 02-05-2018, 02:46 PM

I feel better about buying the TruHart UCA units, but I haven't found any solid reviews about them. There's just one thread I found that compared these to Skunk2 units, but that thread they went with the Skunk2...I'm guessing because of price. The OP of that thread did mention that he did like what the TruHart units had to offer and should be considered. However, that thread was for a Civic.

I'm still up on the wall as to what to go with. My ACDelco units is still my first choice. I'm really set on the Ingalls Engineering units....if I can find them...but the problem with them (aside from being unobtainium) is their price, $320ish for the pair. That's where the TruHart units come in, with their price being $221 from Amazon. I'm still going to do the lower control arms as well which is why I'm being a bit price conscious. My thing is that I live by the motto of "you get what you pay for". If these TruHart units last me 5yrs / 100k miles, I'd be happy. And that information is something I haven't found anywhere regarding any of the TruHart products.
2000 2dr. v6 Accord | Limo Tint | Black housing Crystal Headlights | R1 Concept slotted/ventilated rotors - Front | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | DC Strut Bar | Pioneer DEH-P6000UB | Pioneer mid speakers | Matt Tweeters | Kenwood 4ch. 800w Amp | 2x 10" Sony Xplod 800w subs | Sony 1200w Class D Amp
Old 02-05-2018, 03:23 PM

Points: 48,443, Level: 68 Points: 48,443, Level: 68 Points: 48,443, Level: 68
Activity: 65% Activity: 65% Activity: 65%

BlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to BlkCurrantKord

Yes the Ingalls, I still have mine.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:30 PM

When you got yours, how much did they run you? Do you remember?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Points: 48,443, Level: 68 Points: 48,443, Level: 68 Points: 48,443, Level: 68
Activity: 65% Activity: 65% Activity: 65%

BlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to BlkCurrantKord

No idea, that was at least 10yrs ago
Old 02-06-2018, 12:17 PM

LOL.

So, if I could find a pair, Ingalls Engineering is the first choice. After that, then what? What do you think about the TruHart units I've found? Would you say that my early choice of ACDelco is the better option than the TruHart units?
Old 02-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Points: 3,076, Level: 16 Points: 3,076, Level: 16 Points: 3,076, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Enne is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums

Really wish my memory wasn't garbage. TruHart rings a very faint bell to me, I don't remember a negative notion being attached to the name. Boy, that was vague I don't think you'd be going wrong with ACDelco either.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Points: 1,460, Level: 10 Points: 1,460, Level: 10 Points: 1,460, Level: 10

Bikes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
I'm still going to do the lower control arms as well which is why I'm being a bit price conscious.
When I did my UCA's, I also did the rest of the suspension linkages (still trying to find time to finish the rear...) I got a front-end kit from 1A auto. It came with UCAs (which I guess I'll have to sell on the side), LCAs, steering arms, the ball joint mounted on the hub (which I already replaced with my 5lug conversion), and the swaybar endlinks... all at a reasonable price

Just food for thought.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Enne View Post
Really wish my memory wasn't garbage. TruHart rings a very faint bell to me, I don't remember a negative notion being attached to the name. Boy, that was vague I don't think you'd be going wrong with ACDelco either.
I don't have anything against ACDelco, it's just that I'm worried about still having negative camber if I go with OEM spec'd equipment because then I'd continue to have the same problem I have now. That problem of course, is that the inside half of my front tires get eaten up because of the negative camber from being lowered.

Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
When I did my UCA's, I also did the rest of the suspension linkages (still trying to find time to finish the rear...) I got a front-end kit from 1A auto. It came with UCAs (which I guess I'll have to sell on the side), LCAs, steering arms, the ball joint mounted on the hub (which I already replaced with my 5lug conversion), and the swaybar endlinks... all at a reasonable price

Just food for thought.
I wouldn't mind getting in there again if I need to get in there again. For now, my main concern are replacing my UCAs, LCAs, and sway bar bushings. I replaced the end-links about 2yrs ago (time flies!) on all 4 corners. I suspect they're still good. But for as cheap as they are, I guess it couldn't hurt doing them again.

Steering arms? You mean inner / outer tie rods?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
I don't have anything against ACDelco, it's just that I'm worried about still having negative camber if I go with OEM spec'd equipment because then I'd continue to have the same problem I have now. That problem of course, is that the inside half of my front tires get eaten up because of the negative camber from being lowered.

I wouldn't mind getting in there again if I need to get in there again. For now, my main concern are replacing my UCAs, LCAs, and sway bar bushings. I replaced the end-links about 2yrs ago (time flies!) on all 4 corners. I suspect they're still good. But for as cheap as they are, I guess it couldn't hurt doing them again.

Steering arms? You mean inner / outer tie rods?
Well then, you should do LCA's. sway bar bushings and end links, and go with the TruHart UCA's. I think that'll be the only way you'll be happy in the long run. That, and being able to set the UCA's to eliminate the camber issue. You've found the parts are available, so the next step is making the purchase.