HELP my huge freakin bumper to hood gap!!

k3nnex

Reaction score
So my friend and I were raising my car and my friend jacked it up at the wrong point, don't ask me how... but he jacked up the car from the front where the radiator is. And I guess the car was too heavy and as he jacked it up higher and higher, the radiator and the support started to come up higher. As of right now my hood has a huge gap between the bumper. The hood shuts "securely" but there is a nasty gap that looks like it was in an accident.

Does anyone know how I can repair this? And how much it would cost?

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
Weren't you on IAV? haha i remember seeing your car on there. Anyways, dam...you should smack your friend in the head for that one. I think a picture of the damage would make what you're saying a little more clearer.

nexTOme

Reaction score
when i had similiar problem, the body shop tied chain (that was tied onto ground) onto my radiator support and start jacking my car.

so if you can find some strong as heck/secure place to tie your radiator support by ground of something, you can try this....

k3nnex

Reaction score
I laid a piece of 2x4 wood over the support and hammered away, no help. We're going to remove the bumper and pound the radiator down.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
when i had similiar problem, the body shop tied chain (that was tied onto ground) onto my radiator support and start jacking my car.

so if you can find some strong as heck/secure place to tie your radiator support by ground of something, you can try this....

if anything you should give this a try first probably the easiest diy method

however it needs to be done correctly

I can see how this could go wrong

nexTOme

Reaction score
if anything you should give this a try first probably the easiest diy method

however it needs to be done correctly

I can see how this could go wrong

yuup. thats exactly why i couldnt go near my car when the shop was doing this.

Back