Clock doesnt light up

CG6

Reaction score
i changed my factory radio to a flip out but for some reason my clock by the heat control doesnt light up at night time. did i miss a wire or is this normal?

CG6

Reaction score
it was working b4 i changed the radio and when i put my pioneer flip out its not lighting up no more. could i have missed a wire?

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
they seem to burn out pretty easy i doubt you did anything unless you actually forgot to plug in the clock? i think they have a higher fail rate than our tranny?? replace with new bulb from honda or led! i'll go with led :)

CG6

Reaction score
oh damn lol... ok i will have to check this one out today after work most likely... thankz.

Baris0987

Reaction score
same thing happened to me when i installed my radio, i let it go, then when i took it out to connect my amp i jiggled all the wires and connected them all a bit tighter and now my clock light works perfectly..so maybe just tighten the wires or harness and also u can buy a bulb from radio shack its like 2$ its sku is 272-1092 just rethread that thru the plastic piece and trim the lamp leads and you'll be all set if it is a new bulb you need ooh radioshack calls them microlamps if that helps any hope that helped

Heres the link to the bulbs just to make it easier on you
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103780

CG6

Reaction score
damn thankz bro i really appreciate it... know i dnt have to go all the way to honda lol... (15-20 min on highway)...

CG6

Reaction score
Thankz for all the support and help guys... i ended up finding a LED i had with the resistor already built in. i did it a little differently didnt ssolder anything. what i did was but the 5mm LED on the board where the ligth belonged, and i wired the positive to the ignition pin and the negative to ilm -

IMG00057.jpg

Back