Upcoming Mods?

capsidx

Reaction score
I recently picked up a set of ok wheels and tires from Craigslist for 150 . So that's next on my list. How about you guys. Any noteworthy upcoming mods you'd like to share. I'm interested. Really lol

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I plan on making my own front strut brace with some 1" pipe. I'll be making a thread on it when I get the tools together...I gotta borrow a bender from my friend.

From looking at some videos on the cheap aluminum strut braces that you can flex with your body weight this 1" EMT conduit is a lot stiffer. I use 3/4'' EMT as a cheater bar and never have flexing issues.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I have in the works as of now:

Brembo front brake upgrade
05 TL-S manual front sway bar upgrade with moog endlinks
H22a is about to go to machine shop
5spd swap under way soon

There's more I just can't remember as of now I just got off work my brain is not all there.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
IMO if you don't take corners at racing speeds the factory front and rear sway bars do a mighty fine job with the car lowered.

I would lower it first before upgrading sway bars.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Coupe front end conversion on my sedan. My bumpers were scratched and scuffed when I got the car. Decided it was a good time to get new replacements and make it look tasteful while I was at it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
IMO if you don't take corners at racing speeds the factory front and rear sway bars do a mighty fine job with the car lowered.

I would lower it first before upgrading sway bars.

I'm on tien ss with the front collars removed. He's asking what mods we have coming up not suggestions for him. I think lol

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WRX - finish installing gauges, extended studs, bigger brakes

Yukon - led light bar & bigger wheels/tires

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Hmm...I have a small list of mods for my 07 tundra

- TRD rear sway bar
- paint all brake calipers red to match TRD sway bar
- paint factory 20" inch wheels black to match my black truck
- paint chrome grill black
- lift front end to match rear. I don't like the stance of the front end lower than the rear.

capsidx

Reaction score
I plan on making my own front strut brace with some 1" pipe. I'll be making a thread on it when I get the tools together...I gotta borrow a bender from my friend.

From looking at some videos on the cheap aluminum strut braces that you can flex with your body weight this 1" EMT conduit is a lot stiffer. I use 3/4'' EMT as a cheater bar and never have flexing issues.

Borrowing tools sucks lol. I usually never have the tools I I need so I end up buying a whole socket for the 10 mm I always lose lol. I havent had any issues with a flexing strut bar but I havent been in any serious accidents either lol.

I have in the works as of now:

Brembo front brake upgrade
05 TL-S manual front sway bar upgrade with moog endlinks
H22a is about to go to machine shop
5spd swap under way soon

There's more I just can't remember as of now I just got off work my brain is not all there.

I wish I had cash to throw at my car like that. For now only 90% of every 3 out of 4 paychecks per month is my monthly allowance lol. Those are lofty upgrades man. You'll have to keep me updated on the progress so I can get info, seeing as how we both have the sedan, in the same color lol.

lower it.

Fair enough. lol

Coupe front end conversion on my sedan. My bumpers were scratched and scuffed when I got the car. Decided it was a good time to get new replacements and make it look tasteful while I was at it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My bumper got ripped off one day when I was backing out of a fenced in driveway. The wheel well got caught on the fence and sheered the bumper almost completely off. It was literally sticking out in front of the car. It is currently held on by more zip ties than bumper while I explore my options lol. I did a drifters stitch so it doesnt look too horrible :henry:

WRX - finish installing gauges, extended studs, bigger brakes

Yukon - led light bar & bigger wheels/tires

I didn't know you had a WRX. From what you told me about the worked involved in fixing a problem I seriously hope all is well with it lol. Gauges are usually pretty easy but in my case something usually goes wrong and the ****pit gets filled with smoke lol. It only happened once, in my garage, while installing footwell lights, and my uncle was doing the installing. AS far as the yukon goes all I can say is thats a man sized truck. I dont really like trucks but to each his own.

Hmm...I have a small list of mods for my 07 tundra

- TRD rear sway bar
- paint all brake calipers red to match TRD sway bar
- paint factory 20" inch wheels black to match my black truck
- paint chrome grill black
- lift front end to match rear. I don't like the stance of the front end lower than the rear.

Again, not a fan of trucks but it looks like you have a list of really tasteful mods planned. For trucks I dont like the stance you're referring to, I like the leveled look. As far as the accord goes it seems like they went real aggressive on the stance and it just looks fast sitting still :love:

Sorry i've been away gents. Just trying to get some discussions going on the forum is all. :computer:

Back