Xxr 551

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the xxr 551 17x8.25 +22mm? Looking to buy some rims asap because one of my rims is cracked and my tires are bald. My car isn't lowered yet but looking into function and forms in the next couple months. Anyone know how they will fit now as my car sits and what I'll have to do after my car is lowered in order for them to fit.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
They will poke if you fit them now and look really stupid. When lowered it will fit good, you may want a spacer in the rear.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will I need to roll my fenders with this setup? Looking to lower the car but not to the point where I dread driving it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^that, +22 is on the aggressive side. If you're not wanting to go too low or do any bodywork, look at less aggressive specs.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
So would I be better off with the xxr 521 17x7 +38 and use spacers. Will the spacers do the job to make it look less sunk?

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Can someone answer this question for me? Would I be better off with the xxr 521 17x7 +38 and use spacers. Will the spacers do the job to make it look less sunk? Found some 25mm spacers on eBay.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
+38 offset will fit better. My wheels are +40 offset with no spacers. You could always get spacers later when you lower it. See sig pic for: 18x8 +40 offset. Im V6 if that matters, I think the offset is the same from I4-V6 just the lug count is different. Someone else may know better.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Spacers will keep you from being sunk, just a matter of the thickness needed. Lower the car, put the wheels on, get an alignment, then you can do some measuring and see where your fitment is currently, and where you'd like it to be.

Btw if you need really thick spacers and the wheels allow it, I'd look at Ichiba V2.

Back