DIY EGR clean help

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
There's actually a TSB for the v6 ones. Someone linked it a few times in the thread. One on page 1. :)

http://www.driveaccord.net/PDF/egr_port_clogging.pdf

-D
I know bout that,i tried fixing it with seafoam and it didnt help..The best way to fix it is to take off the IM and clean the EGR valve and the port in the IM.

My CEL (for the EGR)came on AFTER I did the seafoam. It only takes about an hour to take the IM apart, clean it up, and put it back together.

Wrd,i did mine too back late last year then a couple of miles later i got the CEL for the EGR. It only took me like 15-20 mins to take out my intake (CAI) and IM off (I'm a V6)

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I did this today and it took me about an hour. Probably because I was being super slow and organizing while taking everything apart and also forgot that I didn't have any carb cleaner at the house and had to run to Autozone with my Dad. Also couldn't find my pliers for about 10 mins. :ughrun:
check engine light is gone now though and now I can pass inspection next month. New set of tires for inspection too.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Ericthecarguy is that dude :thumbsup: good find people should subscribe to his YouTube page you'll have a visual idea on how to go about whatever is need to be done

sodaks2k

Reaction score
it doesn't matter

Yes it does matter. The f23 and f22 are different in respect to the EGR, what gets clogged, and what needs to be cleaned. You do NOT have to go through all of that (in the video) to clear the EGR on the F23.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
ok so i found a 4cyl video for everyone here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8N-SE047VY&feature=fvwrel
So I started attempting this today... Then I thought to myself: I don't have that plate in the video.

Then I read:
Yes it does matter. The f23 and f22 are different in respect to the EGR, what gets clogged, and what needs to be cleaned. You do NOT have to go through all of that (in the video) to clear the EGR on the F23.
Which made me flip back to the first page and saw the picture.

So all I have to do is take of the top of the throttle body like in the picture and clean that???

(Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but working right now, it would be nice to know)

sodaks2k

Reaction score
So all I have to do is take of the top of the throttle body like in the picture and clean that???

You have to remove the upper intake manifold, not the top of the throttle body. There is a "runner" that goes from the EGR valve to the upper IM. You have to remove the EGR valve (along with the upper IM )to clean the runner.

The hole that is clogged in my pics is 99% what's wrong with all 4cyl's that get this code.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=398447&postcount=13

Last edited:

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
You have to remove the upper intake manifold, not the top of the throttle body. There is a "runner" that goes from the EGR valve to the upper IM. You have to remove the EGR valve (along with the upper IM )to clean the runner.

The hole that is clogged in my pics is 99% what's wrong with all 4cyl's that get this code.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=398447&postcount=13

Ok, and one more question. How did you get the upper intake manifold off? My friend and I are trying to take it off but it feels restricted like a wire is still attached.. We can only pull it a couple inches up and a couple inches to the side, and still feels like there's tension.

Back