DIY EGR clean help

sodaks2k

Reaction score
No, sorry, somehow I missed that. That's my current problem right now: the two hoses in the back. We'll get it today though.

I didn't remove the two hoses when I did it since I figured they would be a PITA to get back on.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
I didn't remove the two hoses when I did it since I figured they would be a PITA to get back on.

Yea. We just left the hoses on, and disconnected the throttle cables and bracket, and couple other small pieces. I have pictures ad videos to post, but Im going to try and make it into a big youtube video in a few days.

I really appreciate youre help!

Now I just have to figure out why it's stumbled on itself in between a steady 2-3k rpm range..

justjusten

Reaction score
So I know this is a really old thread but I was going to do this and was thinking about using this pipe cleaning tool I have. Could I just pull the egr off and stick the pipe cleaning tool down the channel (along with throttle body cleaner) from that side instead of taking the intake manifold off? All the build up would just burn off in the engine right?

bruce9432

Reaction score
I just did it per the instructions above and it worked. Ocean Honda quoted me $606 for the job and I did it in 3 hours plus a $4 gasket, thanks to all.

Tip; pull the hood off to do this and take plenty of pics with your camera phone

Back