easiest way to get around 450 hp?

danny.f150

Reaction score
hey everybody im new to this site and to cars in general and boy do i have alot of questions and thoughts about my accord. if you guys can help me out id greatly appreciate it. First i want to know if i should stick with the current engine its a f23a4 i believe the one that has ULEV certification it is pair up with a auto trans. How much power could it handle? Also i would like to get around 450 hp if possible. If it would be easier to get those numbers with a swap what would it be? Also i wanted to put a manual trans but after some research i realized it would not be easy and it would be expensive. I do not want to just buy a manual accord i am too attached to the one i have already. So to sum it up how would i be able to get closer 450hp with auto trans easier and cheaper since money is a problem my budget would be around 7k. Thank you for your help.

Comon guys i came here to get a clear knowledgeable and imformative response to my questions, if you guys arent going to give that please dont reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
The manual swap is rather inexpensive. In your case though, you'd be needing the ECU from a 2000+ ULEV Accord. I think anyway. I mean, your issue here is Auto trans. You could swap the motor altogether for an A1. In fact, hotaccord243 is selling his complete built engine from his turbo build. Give him a shout! You would have to replace the complete engine and trans. Then you would need a complete exhaust system and O2 sensors. After that, I think you're set. But 450HP is a very unreasonable number for an Auto trans and an unbuilt motor.

If you scored hotaccord243's motor, you'd pretty much be ready for boost.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The best option in your case would be a manual swap and an electric turbocharger. They can be found on eBay relatively cheap and should get you pretty close to your goal.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Turbo is the way to go. For 450hp I would go with a custom ecu that way you are able to tune it. I would talk to ihazsnail. I can't remember how much power he makes but it's definitely impressive

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Unless you enjoy uninstalling/installing transmissions, I wouldn’t bother thinking about power until you swap the car to manual. It’s the best performance mod for a 4cyl auto 6GA, and isn’t that expensive for what you’re getting. There’s a lot of great info on this swap in the DIY section, many members have done it. After you have a transmission that can better handle the power, then you can start thinking about how to reach your goal, which as said will have to be reached by going turbo.

Nothing about all this is going to be easy or inexpensive, so think about if this is really the right direction for you. If I had that budget I’d sell the 4cyl and buy a V6 model (transfer cosmetic mods) then do a 3.2L/6MT swap and build the motor.

danny.f150

Reaction score
Thank you all for your response i apreciate it. I just have a few questions. I am going to do all the swap slowly over time so would it be possible to do the manual swap first connect it to the current engine so i could still be driving the car then later down the road ill swap the engine? If so what manual trans would be good and how much on average would it cost to have a shop do it, since i wouldnt feel comfortable preforming the swap myself. Thank you.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Unless you enjoy uninstalling/installing transmissions, I wouldn’t bother thinking about power until you swap the car to manual. It’s the best performance mod for a 4cyl auto 6GA, and isn’t that expensive for what you’re getting. There’s a lot of great info on this swap in the DIY section, many members have done it. After you have a transmission that can better handle the power, then you can start thinking about how to reach your goal, which as said will have to be reached by going turbo.

Nothing about all this is going to be easy or inexpensive, so think about if this is really the right direction for you. If I had that budget I’d sell the 4cyl and buy a V6 model (transfer cosmetic mods) then do a 3.2L/6MT swap and build the motor.

^He speaks the truth!^

Varnell

Reaction score
And when you finally hit 450hp, your cash will be sunk into planting your front wheels to the ground.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Do you know how much power 450 is on a front wheel drive little car? That's more than you would probably ever need or even be looking for

Back