Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah, SSDD with me. Accord is still going. Only real new change is the dual color fog light bulbs. Replaced both license plate light assemblies and bulbs as the old ones kept shorting out and I was going through bulbs. New led bulbs were too big so I gotta get new ones again, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
So...a little update. I've pretty much retired this thing. Destroyed pinch welds, a windshield, and noisy wheel hub(s) are what it needs. The latter aren't too terrible to fix but the former is kinda hard to ignore. I had plans to move on anyway. Just not THIS soon, lol. Was hoping to get another year or so out of her. Hell, tires are only 6 months old, lol. I still have it though. Transferred plates to the new ride and dropped insurance to theft/weather only. I can still rip it around the block if I want but it won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'm currently, slowly, moving things over to the sedan. Once that's done, I don't really know what I'll do with it. It IS still drivable and if someone wanted to put in the wrench time or was okay with the pinch welds being toast, I'd sell it. But I don't see anyone following through on a car you can't put on a lift.

Aside from production number (last six) the VINs are only 1 digit off. I'm assuming it's what designates coupe or sedan. Kinda cool. Both also have about the exact same mileage. Sedan is a 10-foot looker but a ripper and needs a little TLC but she'll hopefully be around for awhile. My plan originally was for a truck but between used car prices and now gas prices, that is just an absolute DUMB idea. Plus I feel I got the sedan for good, solid price even considering current prices.

No real updates will be made here outside of if/when I get rid of it. Not sure if that'll happen yet or not.

Mikey

Reaction score
Probably one of the last updates here. Removed my belongings from the car and am now waiting for the interested party to tell me when and where to meet for the sale. Only thing going with it are a set of cheap new tires, the EDM tails, the Neuspeed strut bar(it’s starting to rust tho), OEM fogs (*sad face*), the retro(meh), and the trunk net(meh). Will hopefully swap the steering wheels down the road at his leisure as I’m not in a big hurry to do them. Car doesn’t have AC, rear jack points, OEM jack, functioning map lights, functioning fog lights, and I’m probably gonna keep my switchblade key and reprogram it to the sedan.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
End of an era. Good memories. Hope it has a good life moving on.

Why didn't you take off the EDM tails? Does the buyer actually know what they are and their value?

Mikey

Reaction score
End of an era. Good memories. Hope it has a good life moving on.

Why didn't you take off the EDM tails? Does the buyer actually know what they are and their value?
Yes, he does. He likes quirky, rare stuff and he talked me into leaving them.

Gave up the switchblade key and he swapped the steering wheels for me.

Back