dbruskla's 1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6 (56k)

dbruskla

Reaction score
Looks like you've done your research with those future plans! That's cool your car is from Canada, great starting platform.

If your motor/trans mounts have been busted since 87k miles...isn't that making the car miserable to drive?

Yes it is, as far as i can tell, the rear, passenger side mounts are worn, front is broken, and one of the transmission mounts looks like its on its way out. i have to be careful on the throttle and drive it reasonably. I am saving up to get them replaced as soon as i can.

Nice find! I wish they included nice features like heated seats and mirrors on the USDM 6GAs. Instead, we're consigned to building those ourselves!

Do you know the story of why a CDM Accord has a USDM gauge cluster? I see your speedo reads in MPH and the Brake warning lamp is the US style. (I think the CDM light looks sorta like this - ("!") )

Yea when I saw this on craigslist, it never mentioned that it had any of those features, an added bonus i thought! (although she may need some work i think its a great car)

As far as the gauge cluster goes, previous owner provided all records all the way back to when the car was bought in 1998. The paperwork said that it was imported from canada to Washington in 2000, and the import company actually swapped in a USDM cluster

james'99

Reaction score
I am from the greater Seattle area

And yes I thought so too, and when I went in to the honda dealership I asked if the interior was stock, or if it had been repainted. He said that the Canadian model had the option for the dark interior and DEP

If you want to know if it's stock, I believe it is when you register for this site, https://owners.honda.com/login?ReturnUrl=%2faccount, and enter your vin, it will give you the original spec on your vehicle including interior spec.

dbruskla

Reaction score
If you want to know if it's stock, I believe it is when you register for this site, https://owners.honda.com/login?ReturnUrl=%2faccount, and enter your vin, it will give you the original spec on your vehicle including interior spec.

haha I actually tried that when I first got the car, it errors out because its a Canadian VIN number. the guy at the dealership ran the vin for me.

james'99

Reaction score
Yes it is, as far as i can tell, the rear, passenger side mounts are worn, front is broken, and one of the transmission mounts looks like its on its way out. i have to be careful on the throttle and drive it reasonably. I am saving up to get them replaced as soon as i can.

If you like OEM parts as much as I do...
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I am from the greater Seattle area

And yes I thought so too, and when I went in to the honda dealership I asked if the interior was stock, or if it had been repainted. He said that the Canadian model had the option for the dark interior and DEP
Alright, that's good to know; Another member in Seattle!

Oh, that's a CDM exclusive eh. That's also good to know.

One other thing I've noticed is that the driver's side front seat forward recliner (idk what you call that but) looks different than mine. Mine is more like a hook that slides upwards. Interesting difference between 98-00 & 01-02. Or, maybe that's also an another CDM & USDM difference?

james'99

Reaction score
Mine is more like a hook that slides upwards. Interesting difference between 98-00 & 01-02. Or, maybe that's also an another CDM & USDM difference?

98-00 v. 01-02

Mine is the same as his.

Trying to picture yours...

EDIT: Never mind! I remember exactly what you are talking about off Got02Accord's car.

Last edited:

dbruskla

Reaction score
If you like OEM parts as much as I do...
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Thanks for the link, those prices seem a lot cheaper than pretty much all the other honda parts sites ive looked at

Welcome! Nice - heated mirrors and heated seats!

Yea when i first got the car I actually said that I'd never use them, but man they are nice!

Alright, that's good to know; Another member in Seattle!

Oh, that's a CDM exclusive eh. That's also good to know.

One other thing I've noticed is that the driver's side front seat forward recliner (idk what you call that but) looks different than mine. Mine is more like a hook that slides upwards. Interesting difference between 98-00 & 01-02. Or, maybe that's also an another CDM & USDM difference?

yea i was looking at your car and its surprising how many things Honda altered between 6th and 6.5 gen accords.

dbruskla

Reaction score
Finally did my first modifications to the Accord!

First: A few weeks ago I installed this grill. Personally I like it better than the stock one, and I was getting tired of the faded plastic.
IMG_1344_zpscklq7pfw.jpg

Last edited:
Back