Blazinqwickly's 96 DB8 Mistress.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Hey 6th gen family, hope you are having a great day and wanted to share my daily 1996 4 door GSR (DB8) that I have slowly been restoring over the past few years.

So let's jump right to it.

Engine/Transmission : B18c1 motor with ITR transmission 4:40 gear set/ limited slip diff ,2,600lb car on the scales, AEM V2 intake, 4-1 header, magnaflow high flow cat, Magnaflow straight threw exhaust, new lost motion assembly,NGK Iridium plugs, Mishimoto dual core radiator and silicon hoses.

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes : Fortune Auto 500's ,Custom 12k 8k Swift springs, front and rear Skunk2 Pro + camber arms, full corner balance session @ Texas Track Works, Hard race & Moog problem Solver bushings. Centric cryo-treated rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Enkei racing PF01 wheels 16x7 205 45 UHP tires.

Interior /Electronics : Keeping it pretty simple with a weighted titanium shift knob and a Kenwood exceleron head unit with Alpine type S speakers all the way around and Pinnacle F1 window tinting

Future plans : Pushing the limits of a daily car to be reliable and pass inspection for the next 3 years when it becomes 25 years old and is registered as a classic. Then the plans completely change for her and you shall see soon enough what is in store.

Here is how she was when I picked her up a few years back.

Despite how nice she looked in all her OEM glory, she still needed a lot of maintenance and work resting under that mask of hers, I seriously was pulling onto my street next to my house when the clutch crap the bed.

Ended up pulling it home with the truck 3 blocks away, thankfully it was not too bad, but it did give me a idea that I had a full restore on my hands for the most part.
Everything was extremely tired and needing instant attention if I was going to keep it on the road at all; I still, to this day, have never blown a motor (started with Honda dirt bikes at age 8) and I was not going to start any time soon. ( I know I could never afford to LOL!!)

So that lit a fire under my butt to get moving with building a fun little corner carving car that could still pass emissions for the next 3 years until it becomes a classic car and then the other plans for it can come into play.

I have a bunch more to the story and progress that has happened and will post more pictures later when I have more time to upload and write for a little bit.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Would love to see more pics when you have the time. I've always liked integras.

Ask and you shall receive! :)

So I noticed a pin hole leak in the radiator and the condenser fan motor was completely burned up and the hoses were getting a little hard, this lead me to believe this entire cooling system needed to be replaced at this point.

First thing is first, ordered a Mishimoto radiator and silicon hoses, two Zirgo slim fans which I made one a puller and the other a pusher as it allows the most room for future growth and still keep my condenser happy on hot days when running the A/C.

Made sure to obtain as much surface area coverage on the radiator with the new slim fan as I could (14inch) without buying a fan that would over power the electrical system at the same time. I still love a simple OE fan switch on / off cycling vs having to tap and run wire again if I don't have to.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
When I was driving down the road I had a seriously annoying noise that was not cool at all , turns out with a lil rubber hammer smacking to the exhaust system I pin pointed the issue.
The catalytic converter heat shield was rattling like crazy and also looked like the exhaust system was on it's last leg, so after doing some online deals I was able to come across a really good deal on a few items.

Straight threw cat back exhaust from Magnaflow

High flow Magnaflow cat and AEM V2 C.A.I.

Then some Centric Cryo-treated rotors and Hawk Pads.

Then topped it off with a stainless 4-1 header to mate up to the rest of the goodies.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Next up was wheels and tires , the others had the wire showing... wtf lol.

Anyways, these wheels are Enkei PF01's 14bs each 16x7 running 205/45 UHP all seasons because temp and weather changes can be drastic here and this still needs to hit the daily grind and work below 55* .

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Here it was when both cars were still 4x4 status , ready for a rally it looks like :) Haha, Also a friend of mine gave me a lip off his previous Integra project . Also put in some orange turn signals.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Went to the lake with some friends at the time to grab a few photos together, my wife took the best pictures of the entire day if I may say so.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
So came the time that the suspension needed replacing, so I placed a order for a set of Fortune Auto 500's fitted with custom rate Swift springs.
The bushings were toast and the end links were cashed as well, so I went ahead and replaced every single thing I could get my hands on with Hard Race or Moog Problem solver bushings, sway bars included.
Also included a set of skunk2 pro + camber arms.

I took a day to install everything and get the height set reasonable enough to get down the road and still have room for the springs to settle.

Also got my windows Tined with ..

Then I headed down to Texas Track Works for a full corner balance and alignment to bring the geometry back into spec.

So I decided it was time to ditch the GSR transmission in favor of a new ITR transmission from Honda with a limited slip diff and 4:40 gear set.

So here is the final weight with my 178lb ballast in the car with each corner dialed in, so without me, this is a 2,600lb car, not bad for a 4 door car.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
This is how the engine bay sits now for the most part, I strip the valve cover, laid a medium gray primer and then green metallic with a few coats of high temp clear.

I also adding some carbon fiber pieces to clean up the bay a little bit, serves it's purpose.

Also made sure to log every single thing purchase and service for the car for reference in the future at any time.

One with the Wives Accord less rally car-ish 4x4 lol.

Back