i need ideas!!

sdhaney

Reaction score
i have two 12" kicker L5's in a ported box, a kicker 08zx1000.1 amp, and a kicker 08zx350.4 amp. how you guys think i should organize all these so that i can get to all the adjustables on the amp, and still be able to have a LITTLE trunk space? i dont want to mount anything on the box, but i dont know how i would make an amp rack that wont get in the way of the sub box.

i have a 98 sedan.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
pics of the box/trunk would help. don't know if the box is 2 cubes total or 2 cubes per side, for example.

you could make a couple brackets that screw to the bottom of the package shelf and a couple to the floor (if you have a false floor) then attach metal or wood to them...suspending the amps.

etc :)

frantz954

Reaction score
if you can still fold down your back seat, why not mount the amp there? run the wires under the backing. if you think about it the you wont have to adjust the amp too much once you do it the first time and if you need to just bring down the seat. its actually decent looking with the seat down and makes for very easy access to the amp.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yea bestbuy and others just mounts the amp on the back of the seat and runs the wire through the fabric backing.easy access,outta the way.clean looking if box is hiding it. just make sure the amp has an internal fan because it'l get hot.

sdhaney

Reaction score
i was going to do the back seat thing, but both the amps wont fit. i like the idea of them suspended, but still a little confused as to how to do it (anyone have any pictures of this?). and what kind of materials list would i need for a false floor?

sdhaney

Reaction score
actually, is there a write up on how to make a clean false floor? ive seen a couple s***ty ones and i want to do mine right.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
from someone else's accord build...can't remember who :squintrun:

IMG_1336.jpg

obviously, imagine the amps where the sub is, and the sub behind the seats. i'm going to copy this idea.

IMG_1334.jpg

i was initially thinking of using MDF, but that would get so heavy and my trunk gets wet, so plywood and 2x4s it is.

oh...forgot to upload the other pic. there are 2-3" holes drilled all over the area where the sub resides. the dude said he used the car for hauling tools and stuff, so his floor is extra strong.

acedomain

Reaction score
i would say just mount it behind the seat and one under the rear deck if it can be mounted their (not sure) but thats what i was going to do and then that way u access it via the back seats and when you open the trunk its clean and hidden ......the way i would do it is always mount it to the car it self and not to wood because they can steal it better that way my brother did something like the picture and all they did is rip the stuff out of the wood you can always fiber glass it when you finish building it thou that would look nice keep us posted on what you do.....

Back