Dash Tweeter question?

Jh8909

Reaction score
so since I'm still new to Honda's I saw that I have some fake tweeter looking grilles flushed into my dash. anybody know where I can get ones that are actually grilles and not just solid pieces of plastic.

I need ones that will actually let the sound pass through when I put a tweeter behind there. I hope they actually exist and are not just all like the ones I have.

any help is appreciated

- Justin

hondadash.jpg

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
from what ive read on this site, the stock tweeter locations are horrible. if you have any know how, id say put them in the door panels and flush mount them. just my 2 cents. if you dont want to do that, go ahead and cut a hole the size of said tweeter and put it into the grill

Jh8909

Reaction score
from what ive read on this site, the stock tweeter locations are horrible. if you have any know how, id say put them in the door panels and flush mount them. just my 2 cents. if you dont want to do that, go ahead and cut a hole the size of said tweeter and put it into the grill

^ all the insight I needed thanks. I knew it might throw my sound stage off a little bit being that far from the mid so I was thinking I might just +3db my tweeter on the crossover. I have a set of 3-way components going in and it has a 1.5" mid-range on it that I am going to flush mount in the door panel, so I may just have to make some room and mabye glass the tweeter in on the door panel next to it.

Thanks

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if you have enough processing and EQ, its possible to put them up there...though it would be on the bottom of my list for locations.

you have a DX accord? the EX models have actual grilles and the tweeter screws into it. ahhh, just looked on majestic's site...none in stock (not even on the parts list). best bet would be junkyard...actually, pick up a pair of inside mirror garnishes and try your tweeters there. listen twice, cut once...then trim a couple hundred times :lawl:

imaricer:)

Reaction score
I mounted my tweeters on the plastic cover u have to pop off to take the side mirrors off the car ( i dont know what they are called) I just cut a whole in the middle and wired them to the door speaker.

xx24xx

Reaction score
I put mine in the pillars. I've been told it looks very factory.

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Back