5spd swap, Clutch pedal issue

9450erick

Reaction score
so the bracket for the clutch pedal does not want to stay in place. when i press in the pedal the whole bracket moves causing the clutch pedal to be useless. i can not shift anymore because the clutch is not being depressed. also i keep on breaking my turn signal relay because the bracket keeps moving. How did you guys secure the clutch pedal bracket. right now the only thing keeping the clutch pedal in place is the two bolts connected to the master cylinder. Help plz!!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Some people have welded in a plate that the factory 5 spd gets. It really shouldn't be moving enough to break things and be useless, I mean mine flexes too but not that much. I think it may have broken, when mine broke the pedal was useless.

Snoobly

Reaction score
yeah. your pedal snapped. same thing happened to me last fall. you need to weld it back together. Then you need to secure it at the top. there is diagram somewhere. I'll see if i can find it.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my clutch. I had to order a whole new clutch pedal assembly

If you want a quick and reliable solution just zip tip your clutch pedal where the switch is to the brake pedal assembly which will allow the clutch pedal to be pressed without the clutch bracket moving and the clutch being useless.

5pgcqx.jpg

It split next to the bolt

Last edited:

9450erick

Reaction score
snoobly if you can find it that would be great!
yeah same thing happened to me. it cracked around the bolt and its flexin like crazy. i took the clutch pedal out to take a look and yeah its cracked. ima go to home depot tomorrow see if i can put a plate to secure it. damn and here i thought i was the only one lol
so what u guys did was buy a new clutch pedal assembly?

001Stunna

Reaction score
you guys who are looking for a quick fix and are going to replace it in the long run anyz...thought about trying jb weld/jb stick???
Put it on at night and it'll be dry by the morning.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
snoobly if you can find it that would be great!
yeah same thing happened to me. it cracked around the bolt and its flexin like crazy. i took the clutch pedal out to take a look and yeah its cracked. ima go to home depot tomorrow see if i can put a plate to secure it. damn and here i thought i was the only one lol
so what u guys did was buy a new clutch pedal assembly?

I did because I refuse to weld it back together. I paid 80 shipped for it all brand new.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Link Please!

I went through my friends at oemacuraparts.com and i bought a 7th gen assembly bc I'm 6spd.

The 6thgen pedal may cost more, not sure

I bought the 7th gen I4 pedal which may be the same as 6th gen one

Last edited:
Back