I R teh NooBZ!

nsjames

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently was given (I know right?!?) a 2000 Accord SE f23A4 automagic with 153K miles on it. It's even Dark Emerald Pearl! So I found this place and it seems to be the spot for 6th gen accord knowledge.

I've already found some good information that's saved me some coin, I just had it to the dealer for the free seat belt buckle replacement. Thanks DIY reset tool!

Anyway, it's a pretty big step up from my old DD beater, a 1995 Ford Aspire I picked up for a few hundred bucks and put a transmission in.

I'm pretty handy , so I'm just a n00b to 6th gen accords, not wrenching in general. My other junk is a trailer queen Jeep that's in the midst of an axle/suspension rebuild. Needs to be done Feb 1st for my annual winter wheeling trip, so not much time to do Accord things, but I plan to in the spring.

Here's my junk in it's natural element.
DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

and the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTn5Fmr3Nvo

You can see I stalled it quite a bit, hence the reason for the axle swap. 4.56s>3.73s

Last edited:

Hondastylez

Reaction score
Welcome Noobz! I'm glad you were able to find info on your own. That's always a plus.

Hope you enjoy the site.

PS.. The junk looks good! i bet its fun climbing rocks on wheels!

nsjames

Reaction score
thanks for the compliments all.

I built it from random crap in my garage, no high dollar stuff for me, I'm too poor.

About the only bit of super bling it has is an RCI fuel cell and an aeromotive pump, but only because I ripped the stock fuel tank out on a trail in Moab. At least it was the last day of the trip. I built the bed myself in the garage with a harbor friehgt wire feed welder, it's the original bed sectioned down and new bed rails made from 1x2 square. I hacked about 18" off the frame in the rear and made a new crossmember and tied a 2" receiver into the frame for recovery.

That trip through the Lions den did some damage, and it already had a bent main leaf in the rear. So it's in the garage getting new rear leaf packs, I'm shortening the wheelbase a touch and it's new driveshafts and deeper gears. It's got lockers and all that crap that I did in the diffs.

Anyway I'm sure nobody actually wanted to read all that crap I just typed, but yeah it's a good time to climb rocks in a vehicle.

This guy is named Tim, the go pedal is like an off/on switch. I watched this all weekend and it was a blast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQEw3YyGbY&feature=related

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
welcome bro... tht jeep looks sick :boink:

u can make a member's ride for ur jeep in our non-6ga member's ride sub-forum ;)

Back