Overheating!!! Need Suggestions

MaddMike24

Reaction score
I have a 2001 accord sedan v6... It only overheats while driving and never overheats just sitting there. Both hoses get hot. My fans work also... Im not to sure if the fan comes on while driving.. is it possible for the fan not to come on while driving but come on when i put my car in park. I also have no heat.. i felt the hoses in the back.. one is hot and the other is cold.. also the antifreeze only comes out the reservoir.. i checked my oil and theres no milky look..

Things i done..
New thermostat
New radiator and cap
Bleed the system

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I have a 2001 accord sedan v6... i turned the ac off after aout 20 mins of driving and the temp needle started to jump.. so i pulled over and i seened that the hose that goes from the radiator to the coolant resovoir.. i open up the thermostat housing and there was no thermostat so put one in.. today when i drove to work i smelt antifreeze but it didnt over heat.. i looked in the radiator and it looks corroded.. the radiator is a lil bent also.. help please

You saw that the hose was what??? And the thermostat was just the housing?That's weird. Since you replace the thermostat and didn't overheat, your problem is more than likely corrected. But you may want to look into replacing the radiator if its bent and corroded.

The smell may be coming from spillage from replacing the thermostat.

MaddMike24

Reaction score
You saw that the hose was what??? And the thermostat was just the housing?That's weird. Since you replace the thermostat and didn't overheat, your problem is more than likely corrected. But you may want to look into replacing the radiator if its bent and corroded.

The smell may be coming from spillage from replacing the thermostat.

Yea the hose from the radiator to the coolant resorvior was off.. but then again its a lil to big..

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sounds like the fan relay is fan since it started overheating AFTER u shut the AC off... the AC fan was prob keeping the temp in check.... does it overheat when u r driving fast (on the freeway?)... also, did u bleed the system after doing all the things u described?

MaddMike24

Reaction score
sounds like the fan relay is fan since it started overheating AFTER u shut the AC off... the AC fan was prob keeping the temp in check.... does it overheat when u r driving fast (on the freeway?)... also, did u bleed the system after doing all the things u described?

It only overheats after i turn the ac off while im on the freeway.. but nah i didnt bleed it.. dont know how...

Back