Honda Accord 98-02: Pollen/Dust Filter Rplcmnt

k07m0

Reaction score
It took about an hour ... but now that I have done it once I would guess that I could do it again in 30 minutes. Mine's at 54k and I don't think they had ever been changed before.

The filters cost $15 each at the dealership. I don't know if there is a cheaper place to get them or not.

Good luck.

angelplus

Reaction score
nm it was answered..

Im going to try this, Im so bored right now with my car and I just want to do something to it. This will make me happy for once.

retro

Reaction score
thanks for the DIY, the metal bar in front of the filter lid was a pain in the *** to get off. but other than that pretty easy. and the filters were GROSS. ill post in the noob forum now. see ya round

Icemul

Reaction score
I have 75k on mine, it took me about 30minutes the first time thanks to this DIY. Before I changed it, on full blast(#4) the air was comming out as strong as it is now on #2. My bottom filter was completely filled with dirt from the dirt roads, the only air that was passing through was from the top filter. IMO this is a must if you have a 6th gen.

When I saw my sister who has a 99 with 150k, I changed it for her in about 15 minutes.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
uhh, local dealership? haha.

oh man, im at 101k and i still havent done this, damn, haha, i should soon, i cant wait to see what it looks like. i bet its never been done.

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
uhh, local dealership? haha.

oh man, im at 101k and i still havent done this, damn, haha, i should soon, i cant wait to see what it looks like. i bet its never been done.

I'm almost to 101k and I got mine changed at my 90,000mi check up that i missed by 7000 mi some how.. lol

Back