D4 light went out, thinking about doing a LED conversion--

Ralphie

Reaction score
Yes so last night i noticed the D4 on the cluster no longer lights up.

All the other spots light up fine, as well as all the other notification lights.

I did notice that this morning the brake light was on and i had to pull the Ebrake up and then put it back down to get the light to come off????

Ebrake was down already???

Im not sure if there is a short because we got like 10 inches of rain in the last 24 hrs lol.

Anyway i read through some DIY for the led cluster stuff but all of them were on manual cars, so no at gear selector.....

what bulb is it for the D4 spot????

What should i do?

Is it worth it to swap all of them or just replace D4???

If anything, i would want to do white/blue like in the DIY.

Tips/comments/suggestions?!?!!?

Thanks!

And also for clarification....it is just two screws...then pop out the bezel/cluster....and then unplug 3 plugs and the cluster is out?!?!?

Once again this 02 is so much easier then my 93 lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check your brake fluid.

Your D4 light must have burned out. The gear selection lights are tiny bulbs, and are replaceable. You just have to decide whether you want to replace one filament bulb, or do an LED conversion.

It's 2 screws at the top of the cluster bezel, then pull at the corners to release the clips. Then there are 4 screws to pull the cluster pod out, and 3 connectors in the back (harnesses).

blackcord

Reaction score
Check your brake fluid.

Your D4 light must have burned out. The gear selection lights are tiny bulbs, and are replaceable. You just have to decide whether you want to replace one filament bulb, or do an LED conversion.

It's 2 screws at the top of the cluster bezel, then pull at the corners to release the clips. Then there are 4 screws to pull the cluster pod out, and 3 connectors in the back (harnesses).

Either you're low on brake fluid or your float is sticking. Happened to me especially when the weather is colder. the float sticks.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Either you're low on brake fluid or your float is sticking. Happened to me especially when the weather is colder. the float sticks.

When he says "sticks" he means it sinks to the bottom because it's saturated with fluid. Best thing to do is replace the float.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check your brake fluid.

You make it sound so easy lol, I must suck at life bc I couldn't figure it out. I want to do an LED conversion. I guess I'll try again.

Poo

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^It is if you buy quality plug n play bulbs. Bet if you tried it again it would work out. ;)

1/3 of my car is in your sig!!! :lawl:

Ralphie

Reaction score
Ok im going to order the bulbs but my D4 light is out so which bulb do i need for that???

Bax

Reaction score
are you wanting the original bulb to replace it? or led?

Ralphie

Reaction score
I don't know....

should i do LEDS in the tranny selector spots???

Im thinking i just want to do tach/speedo/ and the gas/temp?

I think thats the three covered in the DIY.

Leave the D4 stock?

Any ideas?

Back