Ticking Noise, from Rear Left Wheel

Bax

Reaction score
I've been hearing a ticking noise coming from the left side of my car when I'm in it, but it wasn't too bad so I always just brushed it off. Well yesterday, I got around to the left wheel and it is kind of loud. It's just a *tickticktickticktickticktickticktick* noise. Very constant. It speeds up when I accelerate.

It sounds like it's coming from around where the gas tank is maybe? I'm not sure. It does it when I'm stopped, so I guess it's nothing to do with the suspension or wheel.

Any thoughts?

Bax

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody has to have had this happen to their car?

Bax

Reaction score
it does it when I'm at a dead stop though. I think it may have something to do with the fuel system? :thinking: I honestly have no clue right now. it's weird.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you sure it's coming from behind? J-series motors seem to always tick somewhat loudly.

Bax

Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely coming from the back left. It caught my attention when I was walking from my drivers side to my trunk, so I stuck my head down, kinda to get my ear into the wheel well, and it was really loud. What the heck is even back there that would make a ticking noise?

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
it does it when I'm at a dead stop though. I think it may have something to do with the fuel system? :thinking: I honestly have no clue right now. it's weird.

Oh my bad, I didn't read it clear enough. But idk what can be the problem if its constantly ticking from the rear even from a stop..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Can't think of anything moving at the back end when standing at idle that would cause a ticking noise. :thinking:

Back