Header Cracked..

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
Last week I started my car and I heard a loud leak coming from my flexpipe. So I thought to myself not a problem, I'll just invest in a new one soon. At first I heard a leak from my flexpipe, then tonight when my car was idling with the hood open I heard another leak from the headers. I looked closely and there it was... the header cracked. MEGAN FTL. So before I wasn't worried about driving with the flex pipe leaking but now since i found out the header had a bigger leak, is it safe to drive it until i order my new headers next week?

As you can see both sides are cracked, but the leak was coming out from the right.
IMAG0015.jpg

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
:eekwtf: I've never seen that happen to a Megan header. Yes it's okay to drive it. It's not going to fall off or hurt the engine.

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
Never seen that happen to Megan headers? I thought Megan headers were cheaply made? but thanks, it makes me feel a lot better about driving.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I know RJ (TheHunter) has Megan headers and I don't think he has had any issues. Sorry about your luck, hope you can replace them soon.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I advise you not to run no header. I melted my whole fan assembly :hide:

Get someone you know to weld it back. You can do it while they're still on the car.

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
you can run with no header if you chose to....

WRONG. That's how you burn valves. Running open header (header with no exhaust piping) on the other hand is okay. You could always take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it but since your flex pipe is bad it's kind of a waste of money.

Last edited:

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
I did consider about welding them but since I found out both my header and flexpipe is leaking, I'm better off buying a new one. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Back