odd engine splutter

suenoz

Reaction score
where to i start i am having issues with my car giving me a weird splutter when slowly to a stop and when accelerating from a stop it goes away after a quick shake up than the car runs fine i already had the EGR cleaned last march
and did a full tune up at first i thought it was the clogged EGR but now i have
no idea what else could be the culprit ... thanks in advance

suenoz

Reaction score
my bad i was half asleep when i posted this anyways already done the tune up could it be the map sensor or a clogged fuel filter?

brittanyultra

Reaction score
Ive had my car for about 2 weeks now,
shout out to Levi, its his accord :D

But anyways, how does seafoam work and is there any specials things I should do before I clean it out with that?

As for sputters.. dirty filters or fuel pump problems?
Did you try running Lucas through?

suenoz

Reaction score
yes i tried lucas it was alot worse before i did the egr port clean as for cel light yes it is on i will try to go see my mechanic for a free scan

suenoz

Reaction score
ok i got the cel code its p1035 i think its the top 02 sensor cuz i have being smelling something burning lately

Bax

Reaction score
I sort of had the same thing happening, I ended up replacing the o2 sensor after the cat, fixed it. Thennn it came back. Replaced the fuel pump. Good as new and hasn't acted up since.
I hope you figure it out.

suenoz

Reaction score
thanks bax for your input i hope it's not the pump but i will be replacing the ox sensor this weekend sorry but im a bit confused is the primary sensor(top one) before or after cat ?

Back