French Frog Here

Kochon

Reaction score
Hey guys, sup.

I'm not gonna go and chit-chat about my life since it has no relevance here, I'll talk about my car instead, how about that?

I got the most majestic car in existence last May, it was a '01 Coupe V6 SE.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/orfm6

I was plagued with transmission problems with that one. Transmission guy said my prestone fluid was leaking onto the transmission sensors and that ****ed everything up pretty bad. 4th gear was missing pressure and sometimes would make the D4 light in the dashboard flash, second gear was practically gone, etc.

But that didn't matter, that car was just so awesome. Up until THAT day. I got into an accident on my way to work. Passing on a green light going straight forward, some guy in the opposite direction decided to turn left at the same light without looking at all. Needless to say he hit me driver's side. Rocker panel was crooked, door and wing were slashed, but that was it.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/7rlz9

Good thing, I'm insured. They told me there was too much damage and it had to be totaled. Couldn't believe it. They gave me $6500 for it. Sadly I had a few debts I had to take care of so instead of buying another one like it ( it cost me $6100 with only 98km) I paid off almost everything and got a ****ty $2500 2000 Civic Coupe.

I am now forming a master plan to build my perfect 6th gen accord. I'm looking for a probably '98 (less weight) coupe EX with black leather interior, with no rust. Then, piece by piece I'll tune it. I'm thinking putting a B18C block in it. I'm not an aesthetic guy for cars, I'll just have it as clean as humanly possible, no rust no paint scratches no nothing, but no modifications whatsoever for the time being besides maybe 18' low profiles on discreet mags

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet plan. Are you planning on making it a track car? Also I wouldn't suggest putting in a B series. But that's just me.

Kochon

Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet plan. Are you planning on making it a track car? Also I wouldn't suggest putting in a B series. But that's just me.

To be honest I have no idea what I'm doing at the moment. I just heard good stuff about the B18C from friends. I don't know much about cars right now but I'm reading hardcore and I'd need assistance on that project.

I was originally planning on getting another V6 and swap it to manual, but I researched a bit and that seems expensive, very hard and I've heard not very liable on the long-term run. It's still my secret dream though. Another problem with the V6 is the transmission failures I heard were all but rare. It cost me a good $2500 to get it fixed only to have it break again a month later, and that pissed me off a lot. But in my heart, I experienced V6, and would never like to go back. But that transmission thing really brings my plan down along with my obvious lack of knowledge...

So I'm listening, any advice? What block should I aim for? Or have I been misinformed about the whole V6 transmission thing?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
v6+6 speed=reliable. j30s and f23s (4cyl) are damn near bulletproof with a standard transmission. if you're looking to swap (if you have a 4cyl), people will recommend either an h22 swap from a prelude or a low boost (5-6ish psi) on stock internals for a relatively cheap and semi quick car. ive never heard of a b series swap into a 6g accord. mostly just j's, h's, and the frankenstein g23 (h22 head with f23 block)

there is a ton of info on this site on any of the swaps listed, do some research and dont go making a new thread for every little question. welcome to 6ga

Jefe02

Reaction score
I would stay away from the B series because they are meant for much lighter cars such as civics/ integras. The accord is a much heavier car and the B series will not have the torque to move it. If its a v6 I would look into a J32 or j35 with a 6MT and if i4 I would either boost f23 or swap h22 or you could also do g23 like stated above.

Kochon

Reaction score
So if I stick with V6 i should get a 6-speed transmission? Aight thanks everyone for all the infos seriously ya'll just made my day!!!

Back