Wheel Fitment Thread

swift07

Reaction score
Running 225/45/17 right now. Going to be lowered on coils in a month or 2. My question is if I get xxr 527's 17x8.25 +25 would 225/45 be to beefy? I would get new tires but these only have about 8,000 miles on them.

leoverte

Reaction score
other pics..

april3rd819.jpg

april3rd817.jpg

april3rd825.jpg

april3rd845.jpg

april3rd839.jpg

april3rd846.jpg

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
im thinking an 18x9 with a 30 offset maybe a 5 mm spacer in the rear or front maybe some 235/40's would do the trick all around and deff lower like 1/4in to at least keep it at 1 finger gap all around

Wouldn't 235's rub in the rear? Unless the flared fenders are flared to the point where a 235 won't rub at all.. :thinking:

i iz confuzed nao.

leoverte

Reaction score
You're gonna have to roll your fender flares, then you can have crazy width and not care.

cant roll fender flares blk.....molded fiberglass...ground design 2000 old school stuff...all fiberglass work....i can possible roll the edge of the fender closet to the tire....but very minimal prob without making major cracks. The fender flares were added to the existing fenders...not like that part of the fender was cut out and replaced or anything...soooo...im hoping that will minimal drop, natural camber, and with my friend trying to use his fender roller as much as possible without damaging the flares, i will be able to fit the 18*9.5 35+ wheels all around.....?!?!?!

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
cant roll fender flares blk.....molded fiberglass...ground design 2000 old school stuff...all fiberglass work....i can possible roll the edge of the fender closet to the tire....but very minimal prob without making major cracks. The fender flares were added to the existing fenders...not like that part of the fender was cut out and replaced or anything...soooo...im hoping that will minimal drop, natural camber, and with my friend trying to use his fender roller as much as possible without damaging the flares, i will be able to fit the 18*9.5 35+ wheels all around.....?!?!?!

Interested to see how it turns out.

leoverte

Reaction score
Interested to see how it turns out.

hell...me too!! i have been wanting to try this look on my cg for a minute...i gota admit i have gotten side tracks with mods on her because of my g35 that i picked up a while back, and staggering them and getting crazy width in the back of them is pretty easy...but i want to pull this look of to finally add to the fender flares..i wana be able to do this and put some Password jdm quick bumper releases for my front bumper so i can show off the piping and turbo work more...lol...im starting to remember the feeling of why i loved this car so much back in the day...LOL!

simon_y

Reaction score
So wheel guys, help me out! lol.

I just purchased a new set of wheels. Not saying what until the entire car is complete, but a couple know what they are. Anyways the wheels are 17x9 +30 and I test fitted them on. Although the entire car was on jack stands. I have my front and rear fenders rolled so I was wondering what tire size I should run without it rubbing like crazy. I understand I might have to stretch the tire a little. But I don't want to run super hella flush because I still believe Function > Form.

So would 225/45/17 be enough to clear and not rub or could I go 235/40/17? I really don't want to run a 215 on a 9 inch wide wheel. Somebody has to have the same set up as I'm going for, I can't be the first! lol.

truWarier02

Reaction score
This all depends how low you are though.

You'll probably have to go with 215/45 in the front. Maybe if you pull the fronts a bit, you can run 225/40 all around. It's definitely possible as long as you put in the work.

But for rears, especially with a coupe, you could probably run 225/40 with no problems as long as you relocated the rear bumper tabs.

Last edited:
Back