Replace Climate Heat AC Fresh Recirculte Recirculating Blend Flap Door Actuator Motor

paypalbid

Reaction score
I recently experienced not having any fresh air coming into the cabin while the vehicle was moving at highway speed. I checked the climate control unit and it was working fine and after some research lead to finding that flap door actuator was broken and stuck in the closed recirculate/recycled air mode.

I looked on this forum for some answers but there was only 1 or 2 posts cover very basic information on this topic. I want to write some more information to help anyone that may run into this issue in the future.

The reason I listed the title "Climate Heat AC Recirculate Recirculating Air Blend Flap Door Actuator Motor" I looked on the internet and Ebay and found a bunch of different name for this very same item. My 98 Accord part number is AX063700-6780 and the same unit for Accords from 99-02 is called AW063700-6780 but they are pretty much the same thing. Now I called the dealer and their part number is called 79350-S84A-A01 which is the same part number as various parts sites on the internet:

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/oem-...er/motor-assy-fresh-recirculating/79350s84a01

The part is ITEM 9 on the diagram and it is located to the right of the Cabin Filter Housing under the passenger dashboard. The steps to access the actuator is pretty much the same as if you would remove the glove compartment to change the cabin filter. You can find videos on youtube to how to remove the glove compartment. I changed the cabin filter as well since I already had the glove compartment out. Anyway I just wanted to share my experience here and hope it will save someone time and confusion of the flap door actuator part references.

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Re: Replace Climate Heat AC Fresh Recirculte Recirculating Blend Flap Door Actuator M

Can you tell me how to remove that blend door motor? I couldn't figure it out and didn't feel like sitting in the cold so I put everything back together.

paypalbid

Reaction score
Re: Replace Climate Heat AC Fresh Recirculte Recirculating Blend Flap Door Actuator M

You have to take the glove box out. Maybe have to take the cabin filter housing to reach the motor. It is not a hard process, just tedious and time consuming as there are many brackets and screws to remove. You may be able to find a video on YouTube for changing the cabin filter as it requires removal of glove box/compartment.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score

Ohhh. I removed all the panels and glovebox, but I didnt know how to take the motor off. I didn't think to remove the cabin filter housing. Thanks man! I'm still a noob when it comes to working on cars. Gotta start somewhere right

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score

Can you point me in the right direction as to how to take the cabin filter housing off. I took off two 10mm bolts on the top of the housing, but I don't know what to take off on the bottom to pull the housing off.

paypalbid

Reaction score

Can you see the air blend motor without taking the cabin filter housing out? Look at the link below to identify item 9
hondapartsnetwork.com/part/5447214/Honda-Part-79350-S84-A01-Fresh-Recirculating-Motor-Assembly

Back