My tach doesn't work...ideas?

Dracord

Reaction score
My tach has gone from 50/50 working to not working at all. I've tried 2 different stock tachometers, but nothing on them as well. I have tried a different gauge cluster circuit board with no avail either. This leads me to believe that it is the wiring.

I DO have power near the ECU, beacuse I have a heads up display tapped into the RPM wire there, but for whatever reason the stock tach doesn't work. The Heads up display is digital, so it's just not as fast as the good ole needle.

This leads me to believe I have a wiring problem between the ECU and the actual cluster.

I tried getting power readings at the Blue wire of the harness connector behind the cluster but nothing, and I only investigated the Test tachometer connector underneath the intake, next to the battery but I don't WTF to do with it? I dunno, I couldn't see a way to access the connector, the rubber boot or whatever just didn't see to come off to voltage test it.

Any suggestions? My approach

1. Check to see if somehow the wire got disconnected after the ECU/Heads up display solder.
2. Run a wire from the ECU to the Gauge connector and see if there's any power that way.
3. **** it and buy a monster MONSTER TACH

night-ryder

Reaction score
Just strap a beastly generic brand, 8 inch diameter tach to your pillar.

Thats cool right guys?:jerkit:

guys.....

Dracord

Reaction score
Rgr that. I broke my fingernail on those stupid harness connector clips

angelusnhc

Reaction score
what heads up display do you got???

how much for it???

got pics of it???

Dracord

Reaction score