I got a new toy

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well since I have been gone. I had a lot of thing change in my life. My daughter was born saturday NOV. 14th, I moved into a new house with a 2 car garage and I bought a Lexus IS300.

I was looking for a car that I could buy for my wife but I could play with too. :jae:

2003 lexus is300 black leather with dark blue suede. (RWD)

It has a 2j-GZE, Same as the non-turbo toyota supra

5 speed automatic (Haters welcome) with E-shift on the steering wheel

Miles are a little above average(102k), but the engine and transmission are in excellent shape. It was owned by a lady and had her service done at the Lexus dealer. Interior is mint, it looks like it had just been detailed. Paint is in great condition.

I paid $3,850 for the car, auction fees and shipping (from AZ) brought it up $4,600. I have sourced all the parts for about $1,000 to bring the car back to OEM specs. The car runs and drives for about 10 min. Needs a serpentine belt and radiator.

Not bad, considering the KBB for this car is $11,000. I don't have ne plans on selling this car, but at the same time, I did not want to pay more than what the car was worth and how much it cost to fix. I could easily see selling this car for $6,900 all day long if I wanted to. Total fixed cost is $5,698 aprox.

I already have the whole front end of the car taken off. Before some of you little ones make obnoxious comments on the repair, keep in mind I've been doing this for a minute. :thumbsup: I will keep you guys updated as I make progress. I don't plan on many mods, except a nice exhaust system and custom powder coating the rims. Thanks for looking!

19164789_4X.JPG

19164789_9X.JPG

19164789_6X.JPG

19164789_5X.JPG

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
congrats on the kid and the pick up man. you buy it through copart?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Definitely nice. Good luck with it man.

Wow...house, baby, car...three of life's biggest expenses lol. Congrats all around!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Nice pick up! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

congrats on the kid and the pick up man. you buy it through copart?

Yes I did. Do you have a licsense with them?

Definitely nice. Good luck with it man.

Wow...house, baby, car...three of life's biggest expenses lol. Congrats all around!

Yeah I know. I spent so much money this month, It hurts looking at my bank account lol.

damn man u b gettin all the sick pick ups lol hows that TL project goin?

I sold that car 2 weeks after I bought it man! :)

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Congratulations on your newborn baby girl, i am sure that must have been the best pickup! I'm looking forward to see what the Lexus looks like when your finished.

Back