How To Swap a J35 into a Porsche?!

Homeboy981

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but I want to put a 2002 Honda J35 out of an Odyssey into my Porsche. The engine is blown and I am tired of paying the "Porsche Tax". They want $8k for a used engine…I think I can do better with a J35.

Know I can manage the physical side….getting engine installed and motor mounts put in. Need help with electrics. The donor is a wreck but engine is O.K. so I have A/C, PS, ECU. etc. just need help making it all work!

Has anyone done a J35 swap outside a Honda? If so, please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Homeboy981

Reaction score
There has to be someone that has put a J35 OUTSIDE of a Honda body, like a Tim Beatle that is located in the Dallas, TX area.

I have spent $8k in mods/repairs for this Porsche to go 15,000 miles. Love the car, just HATE the costs. Meanwhile, I am beating my wife's Accord to death and it still keeps coming back for more! The power delivery is similar, same redline, not very much torque down low but will rev to the moon and keep making power.

There HAS TO BE someone that knows someone here! I have spent the last 6 months lurking, looking for local shops (every tuner wants to do NSXs).

I want a DD with the ability to go to the track on weekends and kick the V-8 guys in the shorts (300+HP should do). My car handles better than anything that is why I am not willing to give it up.

HELP!

Homeboy981

Reaction score
It'd be easier to just put in a Subaru motor.

I spoke with the guy doing the Subie conversion and he is not ready to offer the package yet. Besides, he is using a 4 cylinder w/ turbo. I was hoping for more Torque out of the turns. He said that was the biggest drawback to the car. Made great power otherwise.

Great tip tho! Keep 'em comin'!

Brad2274

Reaction score
here's one of my old threads with a link to something helpful, it's a j32 swap into a 70s vw bus, i would suggest a j32 type s over the j35.
what year and model is the porsche?
vw bus

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
There has to be someone that has put a J35 OUTSIDE of a Honda body, like a Tim Beatle that is located in the Dallas, TX area.

I have spent $8k in mods/repairs for this Porsche to go 15,000 miles. Love the car, just HATE the costs. Meanwhile, I am beating my wife's Accord to death and it still keeps coming back for more! The power delivery is similar, same redline, not very much torque down low but will rev to the moon and keep making power.

There HAS TO BE someone that knows someone here! I have spent the last 6 months lurking, looking for local shops (every tuner wants to do NSXs).

I want a DD with the ability to go to the track on weekends and kick the V-8 guys in the shorts (300+HP should do). My car handles better than anything that is why I am not willing to give it up.

HELP!

contact don from RPM Systems of Poughkeepsie NY. hes the best of the best. he can do it no problem.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Get in touch with Ellis Juan, he'll get you all the power you need at a very affordable cost and the bonus HP parts are easy to come by.

Back