Turbo Install

cdubb77

Reaction score
Wildman said:
pics are working for me now. you install it or did a shop? looks like the fmax kit

Did it himself with his boys and yeah, it's the Fmax. Sorry for answering acrod99. :p

acrod99

Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
Did it himself with his boys and yeah, it's the Fmax. Sorry for answering acrod99. :p
Hey, saves me time! :D

Anyway, the headers are DC ceramics, and i guess when you get water collecting on them, like salty water in the winter, they tend to corrode-get brown and spotty on the top. I've gone to a huge show in NH and i'd say every car from the northeast w/dc ceramics were corroded-SUCKY!

angelplus

Reaction score
ceramic is what you want. if you would happen to get polished silver or mirror, it'd crack off in less the a few months becuase of the high temp and rain and all that crappy stuff. ceramic is the way to go, and i've never heard of cracking. hum, learn something new everyday so what to get then? that is the question.

also, how much did you pay for everything, including shipping? just gettin an idea of where i am

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
actually, ceramic is more prone to cracking that ss headers. but, the upside is you have less heat soak w/ ceramic headers

acrod99

Reaction score
I think ceramic will be weaker because theyre made from mild steel instead of stainless. I may be wrong though.

angelplus

Reaction score
yeah, i was thinking on the lines of heat and stuff like that.. ANYWAYS back to my question, how much did you pay for everything, including shipping? just gettin an idea of where i am

acrod99

Reaction score
angelplus said:
yeah, i was thinking on the lines of heat and stuff like that.. ANYWAYS back to my question, how much did you pay for everything, including shipping? just gettin an idea of where i am
Oh snap, sorry, didn't even see your question before. Umm...the kit was $3400-free shipping due to how long it took to get to me-the box weighed 107lbs :eek: ! Gasket maker and other stuff was like $50, i got an air/fuel and a boost gauge for about $120, bought like 5 Domino's pizzas for about $12 apiece, and too much Mountain Dew to remember! :D haha
If i remember any more, i'll let you guys know. But yeah, the kit, which comes with everything you should need, was $3400 for me. Hope that helped, man. ;)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering, did it come by FedEx? I've had to pick up a bunch of turbo kits lately off this one truck at work.

Back