Frankenstein bumper (SiR-T into 2 OEMs with a lip)

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Quality isnt cheap. Plus like i said, there was a good deal of work done on my fenders, especially the rear. Lots of pulling and hammering to widen the back. Plus all the dings and dents.

phi1542

Reaction score
That's true. I was looking into paint jobs and the cheap ones like MAACO seem to have bad prep work and masking so there's over spray and what not. Little things that would bother me because I low key have OCD with my car hahaha when the time comes I'll decide. I really miss black pearl. I was trying to find a black one but not many good ones out there in the area so I settled for silver. So is pretty much everything in and out the same color? Like the engine bay and stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

KnightRyder

Reaction score
That's true. I was looking into paint jobs and the cheap ones like MAACO seem to have bad prep work and masking so there's over spray and what not. Little things that would bother me because I low key have OCD with my car hahaha when the time comes I'll decide. I really miss black pearl. I was trying to find a black one but not many good ones out there in the area so I settled for silver. So is pretty much everything in and out the same color? Like the engine bay and stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Every nook and cranny is painted, i only left the engine bay black.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
This car is going to be bloody insane!!! Great work!! Body work is very time consuming if you want it to look pro. I cant wait to see this all tied up.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
I spent some more time on it this weekend, mixed like 10 more small batches of fine filler and just kept building up and sanding down in all the spots i could see needed more work. Also shot some primer onto it because i was finding it harder and harder to see flaws because all the filler layers were blending together. Now that the high build primer is on there, i can see where i need to work on the sanding a bit more, i definitely have some ripples going on toward the sides. Havent touched the lip yet, i need to order more of the fine polyflex filler and i also order an even finer glaze putty as a top coat to get rid of pin holes which i am coming across. Im going to do as much of this process on my own and once i reach that final point where i cant get it any better, ill hand it over to my buddy at the paint shop and let the pros finish and paint it.

I spent a good deal of time refining the edge here and although its pretty damn close, i think it could still use a little fine tuning. You can also see the ripples on the flat sides, i need to use a longer block, ive been using a 5inch block, need to bust out the 10 inch one to get it perfect.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Im going to do as much of this process on my own and once i reach that final point where i cant get it any better, ill hand it over to my buddy at the paint shop and let the pros finish and paint it.

I love this comment, that looks fu#ing amazing for "amateur work":waytogo:
NICE JOB KNIGHT

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Just letting you guys know there wont be updates for almost a month, im going on a 3 week vacation. Ill get back in it when i come back.

Back