J32 6 speed MT swap

crazyspade101

Reaction score
I've been a member on this forum for a while but never really did much to my car. A couple of weeks ago my transmission took a dump, not shifting out of first and then blinking d4 stuck in 4th gear or something then. I would turn my car off to reset the the transmission light and try again. After about 2 weeks of limping my car 26 miles to work and back, I figured its time to get a new transmission. I got a quote from a local shop for about $3k, a new transmission from Honda with a 3 year warranty. For that price I figured I'd rather find a donor car and do a complete engine tranny swap.

After about a another 2 weeks of waiting I found an 03 Acura CL Type-S at a local insurance auction. So I bid on it and got it for $2200 delivered to my house. It only has 47k miles on it, and a bunch of mods. From what I have noticed so far the car has UR pulleys comptech usa headers, intake, and strut bar, greddy evo2 exhaust( Slighty dented ), tien lowering springs, and slotted/cross drilled rotors.

Donor Car:

I am going to try to do a full documentation of this swap and post pictures of everything. I will upload more pictures tonight of my accord. I am dropping the engine and tranny of my car first so I can just pull stuff out of the cl and put it right in.

Brad2274

Reaction score
jeezus you found a gold mine :eek:
cant believe someone left their comptech strut bar and rare headers on there!
decent stereo and interior it looks like as well, are you planning on swapping just the drivetrain or some interior parts as well?
surprised you found a rear ended one, itll be easy to get the engine out and the front end can be sold easily, good find sir i am very jelous :thumbsup:

cg6soldado

Reaction score
Cant believe someone left their comptech strut bar and rare headers on there!
Decent stereo and interior it looks like as well, are you planning on swapping just the drivetrain or some interior parts as well?
Surprised you found a rear ended one, itll be easy to get the engine out and the front end can be sold easily, good find sir i am very jelous :thumbsup:

x2

james'99

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! 47k is crazy low! For $2200, that is definitely a gold mine! Congrats! Stick is where its at anyway!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
cant believe someone left their comptech strut bar and rare headers on there!
decent stereo and interior it looks like as well, are you planning on swapping just the drivetrain or some interior parts as well?
surprised you found a rear ended one, itll be easy to get the engine out and the front end can be sold easily, good find sir i am very jelous :thumbsup:

X3. Doesn't get better than that. Keeping those seats?

slowaccord

Reaction score
those seats would be so clutch in a red san marino coupe. power passenger and very snug <3

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I got a good deal at 3300 CAD for my donor car, you just hit a motherf'ing jackpot. Congrats and enjoy!

Back