Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > General > Off Topic > Life Lessons

Life Lessons Members discussing how to deal with aspects of the daily grind

Register to remove these ads

Old 05-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Points: 24,742, Level: 48 Points: 24,742, Level: 48 Points: 24,742, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

fastflyinaccord is more helpful than mostfastflyinaccord is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to fastflyinaccord
Re: Girlfriend issues

Why is this thread still going when it should never have been started in the first place?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Girlfriend issues

Originally Posted by Jimsun View Post
Like what has been said before.

How old are you? How can you label someone your gf after the official first date? Whatever happened to wooing someone for a few weeks / half a year before it's official?

If she doesn't like your car, then don't drive her around. Get her to find her way to wherever you guys have to go. If you have to pick her up, use the transit for a few dates. Remember, she's dating you, not the car. Don't make her like you for what you have but for your awesome personality and ideals.

**** never gets far if they're very materialistic. You can try fcking her to straighten her up. That does shut they yap, as someone have said - it works
I realize this thread i pretty old, but reading thru it this was probably the best response. Back when my wife and I were dating, she had the car and did the driving. It wasn't the greatest car in the world to me, but it sure as hell beat walking. She helped me get my drivers license, and I bought a crappy puke green 70 Chevy Nova for a 1st car (this was in 1979). We made out in it repeatedly She wasn't really a car person way back then, but she's gotten used to seeing what I can do over the years, and we've had several nice rides over the years. She's even helped me at times, which is actually a good thing. In fact she has her own 6th gen Accord, along with a classic car, a 90 GMC mini van, while I've got 2 Accords (5th and 6th gen), a classic car, a 88 Chevy Astro work van and a 06 Chevy pickup We've also been married for 36 years now, so she's a keeper.