Does this happen to you when you lightly tap the gas...

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this lately I'm not sure why but I'm looking into it today. I'll start by cleaning the iacv and throttle body. Also checking for vacuum leaks. I'll post my findings tonight.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Once you clean the IACV and TB, it'll be fine. While you're there, you might as well clean your EGR too ..

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Mine did it once. At a red light a put in neutral I revved it pretty hard. Then after I let off it dropped to like 400 and almost sputtered off.

Not really worried about it though cause I don't have any other problems

KombatVirus

Reaction score
This seems like an IACV issue. Clean it out following the DIY and you should be fine. If it only dies when idling then thats all I can think of

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't think it's really an issue Levin, it's an imbalance in vacuum. When you tap gas, vacuum decreases, then when it gets past point of neutral pressure, it increases, then ECU automatically adjusts it to neutral idle again. It's a normal occurrence I think. Any vacuum leaks or head obstruction like EGR or IACV issues could probably add to exacerbate this condition as well.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I don't think it's really an issue Levin, it's an imbalance in vacuum. When you tap gas, vacuum decreases, then when it gets past point of neutral pressure, it increases, then ECU automatically adjusts it to neutral idle again. It's a normal occurrence I think. Any vacuum leaks or head obstruction like EGR or IACV issues could probably add to exacerbate this condition as well.

The post was since from 2009 Nikita...and most likely to me was happening due to dirty IACV, EGR or both together lol:driving:

I simply didn't mind much of it and let it be and its given me no issues. Since I was kinda bored right now...just went out to try what i mentioned back in 2009 and it doesnt do it any more so something in between from 2009 to 2013 must've fixed it lol

Back