2 Question...DRL and E-Brake Lights

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2000 Honda accord. Currently my DRL light is on and the day time running lights do not work. the headlights work fine but the left high beam does not work. ive replaced the bulb and checked the fuse but it still dosnt work.

Second of all the E-brake light comes on while im driving. it comes on and off periodically. I have no clue what could be wrong.

If anyone has any idea lemme know.

Thanks,
Basil.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
Sounds like a short in ur ebrake line somewhere. Don't have DRL so I don't really know about them but maybe there a short there also.

6genaccord

Reaction score
some 6th gens have DRL? didn't know that...

But I do know that when the e-brake light is on the manual says you could be low on brake fluid. so check that.

Mine came on, I topped it off with brake fluid and it went away. Awhile later it came back but the fluid wasn't low. I think I read somewhere a lot of 6th gens are prone to that. Could be some change that got in near your e-brake and tumbles around underneath. I did a good vacuuming and cleaning under there and didn't notice anything out of place and haven't had a problem since.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
do you have a dvd player in the car that you tried to bypass recently?

Reaction score
no i dont have a dvd player. I live in Canada so by law we have to have DRL. Ill check the brake fluid today and vacum undenethe the ebrake handle. Thanks for the help guys ill let u know if it works. I'm assuming the DRL light problem is a short somewhere so Ill see if i can find it. i might just have to take it to the dealer.

thanks,
basil.

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
The E-brake light was low brake fluid for me. My DRL's just went out, did you just replace the 1 bulb or both? I would do both at the same time. My originals went out after 10 years. Also, because our DRL's are our highbeams as well, you need to make sure you get 9005 headlight bulbs. Hope this helped.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score

But I do know that when the e-brake light is on the manual says you could be low on brake fluid. so check that.

Mine came on, I topped it off with brake fluid and it went away. Awhile later it came back but the fluid wasn't low. I think I read somewhere a lot of 6th gens are prone to that. Could be some change that got in near your e-brake and tumbles around underneath. I did a good vacuuming and cleaning under there and didn't notice anything out of place and haven't had a problem since.

only Canadian models have drll

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score

only Canadian models have drl

Reaction score
i just checked the brake fluid and itz fine. I guess im gunna have to take it in to the dealership...

poff1986

Reaction score
your brake fluid light is on because of a short in the resevoir cap, im a honda technician and have seen it on numerous one, just disconnnect the green wire going to the cap and it will shut off the light, but keep an eye on your brake fluid cuz the light wont come back on if it gets low....as for your drl's they run off the same circuit so if one bulb burns out they both wont work, Your drls run off of your high beam bulbs, so check for corrosion on the terminals and just make sure both high beams arent burnt out as stated above make sure you replace them with 9005 bulbs for high beam and 9006 for low beams.....

Last edited:
Back