Does this happen to you when you lightly tap the gas...

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ok pretty much...when you start the car...wait 20-30 seconds for it to warm up or w/e, then gently tap the gas like 1-2mm. On my 6thgen as soon as i do that the rpms jump slightly then drop wayyyy lowww and cause the car to shudder then get up again. If i floor it in Neutral the rpms will rev up high and sometimes they'll drop so low that the car will turn off. Does this happen to any1 and any1 have any idea why its happening...im thinking maybe its related to my CEL that came on regarding running to lean.

finch13

Reaction score
My car will do this is if I rev it a bit with the clutch in/neutral.. it's almost like the IACV can't compensate fast enough, i wouldnt worry too much though.

drifthobo

Reaction score
happens only if reved on park. not on neutral for me. i reved because randomly my rpm under idles and stutters... gotta get that new ivac gasket and clean her up.

drifthobo

Reaction score
my car died one time cause it under idle on the street at a red light -__- wouldn't fire back on so i was just chillin till it fired up again right before the green haha.

Thormx331

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out a solution for this? Im going to check my vacuum lines when I get off work

Back