Failed emissions :@ :@

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, it was all of a sudden, because I never noticed the hose was that close either. Not sure how it shifted, but it made a huge mess in the engine bay, so I am going to have to get to an engine shampooing real soon.

Yeah, it would have been nice if the whole exhaust had to be replaced....WSII, Ftw....but at least I can get a nice set of mufflers to put on there.

It was close, with the tranny though, there was basically no fluid left. Ended up putting 5L in.

Yeah, Millz got his done at Rukus Motorsports including parts/labour and he said his CEL went off after awhile as well.

So, I guess the aftermarket cat may be ok then....or at least some of them.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Derek, let me know when you want to do the engine shampoo and we can do it at the coin wash where i alyz go if you want. And as for the tranny thing, thankfully nothing went wrong and you caught it before any major thing happened.

As for the catalytic converter issue im still not sure wth im actually gonna do.

PS.O2 sensors video footage uploaded in first post...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Will do, I am thinking probably this weekend, so if you have some time in the am on Saturday, I should be able to come and get it done.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well after installing a new cat and running some of the guaranteed to pass stuff...i passed emissions with flying colors. Stats have been updated in main post. :)

quante69_143

Reaction score
What type of cat did you end up going with? I'm in Toronto and need to get my emissions done too and I know for sure I need to get that replaced in order to pass. PM the place where you got it done......please and thanks!

001Stunna

Reaction score
What type of cat did you end up going with? I'm in Toronto and need to get my emissions done too and I know for sure I need to get that replaced in order to pass. PM the place where you got it done......please and thanks!

I picked up a cat from muffexpress. They offer a warranty as well.
They're at 97 Milvan Drive Toronto, ON M9L 1Z7 (416) 747-5677.
Tell them you saw their ad on ebay and are local and would like to pick the cat up.

Their current price on ebay is $96CAD

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-Accord-98-...ccessories&hash=item4aa139f2c4#ht_2077wt_1216

I bought the cat from them and had it done at my shop. Just make sure your shop does not cut off the flanges and welds the cat on as they might refuse your warranty for that. In addition before putting it on, maybe run some seafoam through vacuum hose, and gas and consider that "Guaranteed to Pass".

In addition to the obvious that your air filter is clean, oil hasnt been in for more then 3000-4000km; plugs, wires, cap, rotor are in good condition; and that you run your car on the hwy prior to going for your emission.

Last edited:
Back