Exhaust side gasket gaps and sparkplug question...

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well upon taking out the heatshield today to sand it and paint it since it was looking a bit bad i came upon this view...

Can this cause any trouble? Can oxygen actually get through there and mess with o2 readings?(even though i assumed that exhaust comes out with a pressure and hence if anything it's leaking out and not sucking in air to mess with o2 readings)

Second question that came to mind after reading a thread on here today. Do you guys re-gap your sparkplugs even when new or use them as they come?...as ie. all ngk plugs for our cars come with a .044 gap but apparently our specs are .039-.043?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Can this cause any trouble? Can oxygen actually get through there and mess with o2 readings?(even though i assumed that exhaust comes out with a pressure and hence if anything it's leaking out and not sucking in air to mess with o2 readings)

Second question that came to mind after reading a thread on here today. Do you guys re-gap your sparkplugs even when new or use them as they come?...as ie. all ngk plugs for our cars come with a .044 gap but apparently our specs are .039-.043?

couldn't tell what you were talking until i saw the rectangles. those are not apart of the exhaust at all. they are just voids for heat or something.

i always regap my new plugs, takes 2 minutes and ensures proper spark

Back