What else can be done here...MPG gone to dogs :(

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I was getting a p020 (bad cat) code. I did the nonfouler trick so the CEL light doesnt come on anymore but still proforms like crap. But you just might be right about the cat being blocked cuz i hear rattling when i warm up the car. Im pretty sure my cat is gone so im going to take it apart this week. Ill post up an update in a week.

Good way to tell if the cat is clogged is if it glows red after driving it. If it's bad or going bad, your exhaust will smell like rotten eggs.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
im hoping my cat is going...I hear a slight rumble in my exhaust, kinda like a pause and sounds like its running rough but my car runs smooth.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Anyluck yet 001Stunna? im still getting 150 miles for half a tank. Thats still not good. i guess i need to accept the fact that my car gets 19mpg.

I'm just trying to not think about it and live with it for a bit lol. Been trying to find a shop that has the HONDA PGM tester to hook up to the car and scan and reset some things i cant do with my normal OBD live scanner/reader.

must be all that canadian air levin
It's all that bacon...i mean hamm lolzz

im hoping my cat is going...I hear a slight rumble in my exhaust, kinda like a pause and sounds like its running rough but my car runs smooth.
Jack the car up and (when its cold) hit the cat, lightly enough to shake things and not break it lol. If you hear a rattle chances are it's broken. Just make sure its not the heatshield rattling.

lltradell

Reaction score
it just might be the cat. my honeycomb in my cat broke (the front one) and i took it out so itll stop rattling. I still get 19mpg even though no check light is on. I might just go buy a cat soon but i dont see how taking out the honeycomb will affect my mpg.

001Stunna- let me know how it goes. if i ever fix my problem, ill let you know asap. We are on the same boat.

lltradell

Reaction score
Serious info. I gutted my cat converter and I got my lost hp back and I think my mpg. My car is seriously noticeably faster.as for mpg, gas gauge seems to go down slower but ima fill up my tank and see if I get more than 300 per tank.
Fyi-you will need to do the non fouler trick. Which is easy and only 6$. This prevents ur o2 to get bad readings

001Stunna

Reaction score
Quick question for any1. Thought i might as well ask in here then make a new thread for it as it might be related to the same issue.

Lately ive noticed that the car has a weird somewhat "click click" sound coming from the rear driver wheel area at startup for about 3-5 minutes then goes away. I only heard it as i was outside scraping off snow after starting the car. Video included below..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Z8Ms21kO4

Does this sound like a fuel pump noise? issue? or just a noise that i shouldnt give a rats *** about lol.

supasnipa360

Reaction score
Woa, woa woa...theres a few more things it could be. Seafoam cleans things somewhat. However, have you had the intake manifold off ever? Theres still a chance its pretty chunky with EGR carbon buildup with the miles you have on it. That buildup is enough to rob you of efficiency and unless you hand clean it, you may never get most of it. Thats one possibility. Also as far as the big drop now that winter has hit, they are using more ethanol right now in gas(everyone in the cold). In order to maintain the same octane with ethanol you need more fuel. Everyone takes an instant 3mpg+ HIT at these times.

It doesnt sound like theres anything wrong internally with your engine, 21mpg is not catastrophic. Any news on if your cat is messed up???

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Quick question for any1. Thought i might as well ask in here then make a new thread for it as it might be related to the same issue.

Lately ive noticed that the car has a weird somewhat "click click" sound coming from the rear driver wheel area at startup for about 3-5 minutes then goes away. I only heard it as i was outside scraping off snow after starting the car. Video included below..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Z8Ms21kO4

Does this sound like a fuel pump noise? issue? or just a noise that i shouldnt give a rats *** about lol.

I think the noise your talking about has something to do with the cars emission system. There is a box or something where you hear the noise from with hoses running to it. I don't think it's anything to worry about, my car has done it before, I don't know why it does it but it went away by itself.

Back