New '01 V6 Coupe owner

Jarrod

Reaction score
Hey guys, how's it going? I wanted to check in and introduce myself to everyone. I purchased a silver '01 V6 Coupe last month and just found this site. I had been trolling driveaccord, but they seem more focused on 7th and 8th gen Accords, so I'm really glad I found this place. Looks like you all have a nice place here.

Anyway, I picked it up with 72,xxx miles and couldn't be happier with the car. It's the newest and nicest vehicle I've owned yet, and I'm looking forward to many years with it. So, anyway, on to the pics!

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00743-1.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00742-1.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Thanks in advance for answering any dumb questions I have. I promise to use the search button!

Neight

Reaction score
Welcome to 6thgenaccord! Nice coupe. So what are your plans for it?

Jarrod

Reaction score
Really, I'm not planning much at all. And, that probably mostly has to do with the fact that I haven't taken all that much time to find out what's all out there for these cars yet! lol Coming from the Taurus SHO world, I'm hoping it's a little easier to find aftermarket support.

This car is, for the most part, just going to be my daily transportation. I do plan, though:

17" TL wheels
Eibach suspension kit (can't remember the name, but, the spring, strut, shock, swaybar kit they sell)
Magnaflow exhaust

The relative lack of plans is so I can put back more money towards the project that's in storage. As soon as I get rid of the SHOs, it gets to come home and begin the resto-mod!

DSC00063.jpg

truonghthe

Reaction score
Woot woot welcome another V6 coupe to 6GA. Its look nice and clean man, I will tell you first on your list got to be a Ebay SRI you gona love that roar sound from 3500RPM and up. Cost around $32 really worth for the sound and performace lol.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he live in Cali, he gonna need a carb sticker. which ebay sri's sometimes dont include it. =[

truonghthe

Reaction score
^^^ Nope he live in OK so everything is all good lol, I hate that gay a$s CARB LEGAL sticker lol, and no wonder why the price of those parts are up in the sky lol. like AEM, Comptech, Apexi, DC sport.

Jarrod

Reaction score
Nah.. no short ram intake for me. It'll never have the same intake soundtrack as a SHO, and it's been my experience that most of the "performance" from a short ram intake is accounted for via the butt dyno. And I'd rather keep the air coming into the car nice and cool via the factory intake system versus the pre-heated air from the engine compartment.

Back