Is this normal?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I was looking underneath my car today while cleaning it and I noticed something and I guess I'm just wondering if this is normal.

IMG_5180.jpg

Is that area supposed to be exposed like that or am I missing a part of the under engine shield?

see on the passenger side there's always been a splash guard like this:

IMG_5185.jpg

Am I worrying about nothing?

Drift

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, but you are missing the bottom splash shield. It covers the crank pulley.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yep, mines missing too. the passenger side of the splash shield is held up in the center with zip ties (follow the license plate down, to the center of the radiator support) :ugh:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to it..

I guess if I'm going to get a new one would I have to buy the entire shield?

http://tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=2874113&p=2

tasauto has the whole thing for like $60 basically, but aren't they all separate parts clipped together to form the entire thing?

like I'm wondering if I can just get that one specific piece somewhere. I guess I could check with a dealership, but that's like a last resort.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it seems like its one big piece...at least thats what TAS and majestic say. i'd venture that the dealership would have the same, large, single piece only.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
its 3 pieces. 1 each for the fender and 1 for under the car bumper/somewhat of engine.

Nothing to worry about,i dont have any of them.But I guess its a piece of mind to know nothings going to get on the belt/crank.Im buying new fenders just to get my liners back.ha

nyknick1015

Reaction score
im gessing the wet spots on the tire is intentional cuz it could mean leaking something

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Its not a huge concern, but it does keep the salt, oil or whatever is on the road from corroding the pulley/bolt and stuff getting on the belt.

Back