6GA Forum Reinstall

beard

Proud UNIX Beard
Reaction score
I reinstalled the server software on Feb 2nd from 0600 until 0900 (actually almost 1000) EST to improve performance, eliminate 50x errors and have it running to it's full potential. If you receive any errors TODAY, please leave a reply!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just got this one, just now:

Invalid forum path specified! Please edit this file and be sure to include the correct path for your $forumpath variable.

EDIT: Got it again twice within a minute or two. I think it's happening when I click on the Homepage link under Site Navigation...

Last edited:

beard

Proud UNIX Beard
Reaction score
Fixed. Had to manually edit a file.

Hows the performance so far?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just clicked on Homepage again and it worked.

Performance seems good to me. Pages seem to be loading quicker than before.

Only thing I still get is 'Please wait one moment while you are redirected' when I first load the site. But I'm not seeing that for as long as I was before.

beard

Proud UNIX Beard
Reaction score
Can everybody do me a favor? If you visit Alexa.com theres a toolbar you download and install. It's not very invasive just has a little meter next to your URL bar but it also helps you test how fast 6GA is because Alexa measures websites through various metrics like traffic and gives you a ranked number and speed is a part of that number.

Of course, Google is #1, Facebook is #2 and all your top 100 sites are predictable. 6GA is #874,287 traffic rank on the Internet.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Runs great so far, thank you! What kind of feedback do you want from the Alexa bar, just the speed number and the ranking?

Back