What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I don't think it has to do with the prep. When prepped I had checked it a thousand times and everything else had turned out fine. It was by gun in a shop. Only thing I can think of is that it became too cold over night and fogged it. that area where it's messed up is always changing. When I ask people they never have an answer for me. Only 1 person has given me a suggestion and that was to wet sand and polish

Brad2274

Reaction score
then i would try wetsanding and polish but no guarentees it will fix it, never seen this before

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Is it possible that the clear coat was not mixed properly. Too much/little hardener? or inadequate curing time before exposed to extreme cold, maybe the clear coat wasn't cured enough and then parking it outside overnight caused moisture to react with the clear coat?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice products Chris. I still have those 2 products stored somewhere back when the labels were different. The first bottle is wax. Nothing more, nothing less. It adds a sacrificial barrier for your paint from elements. Now the second product is almost the same, but with a couple extra attributes. It has mild cleaners in the wax to get rid of minor imperfections and adds minor protection. If your paint needs a little cleaning then use the 2nd one. Otherwise, use the first one for monthly waxing.

Sounds like I'd use the first one routinely but maybe every few months use the second one. Thanks Lemon!

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it has to do with the prep. When prepped I had checked it a thousand times and everything else had turned out fine. It was by gun in a shop. Only thing I can think of is that it became too cold over night and fogged it. that area where it's messed up is always changing. When I ask people they never have an answer for me. Only 1 person has given me a suggestion and that was to wet sand and polish

First things first, go to the painter and ask him "exactly" what did he do step by step from the beginning to the end. This is the only way to tell what and where went wrong. Too much speculating atm, and the only way to know is to directly ask the painter himself.

Is it possible that the clear coat was not mixed properly. Too much/little hardener? or inadequate curing time before exposed to extreme cold, maybe the clear coat wasn't cured enough and then parking it outside overnight caused moisture to react with the clear coat?

These "could" be all factors, but for now we don't have adequate information to form anything.

Sounds like I'd use the first one routinely but maybe every few months use the second one. Thanks Lemon!

No problem, Chris.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prepped my car for the upcoming winter season. The car needed a wash badly due to 2 months of dirt accumulation.

Gave it a bath

This wax is currently my favorite one. The reason is because it's extremely durable and have been proven to even last through winter in the east coast. It's relatively cheap and will give paint sealants a run for it's money in terms of durability.

Worked panel by panel. Apply a "thin" layer and buff off after 1-3 minutes.

Beading characteristics of the wax

Also works great on wheels too. Mine are clearcoated. Double check on your wheel finish before using it.

After a wash, claybar, and wax, the paint is already glowing.

Process:

Wash
Decontaminate with claybar
Apply wax

Total time: 1 hr 20mins

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Cleaned my leather yesterday. Huge difference, here is a 50/50 shot I did midway through.
Meguiars leather cleaner&conditioner with a boars hair brush:
zu4dErB.jpg

Brad2274

Reaction score
Cleaned my leather yesterday. Huge difference, here is a 50/50 shot I did midway through.
Meguiars leather cleaner&conditioner with a boars hair brush:
zu4dErB.jpg

:shakehead: no way
that's some serious difference, cant believe the color change. does it feel the same? not sticky or anything?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
:shakehead: no way
that's some serious difference, cant believe the color change. does it feel the same? not sticky or anything?

It feels great, definitely softer. Not sticky but a little slick. I'm sure as it dissipates it won't feel as oily. Overall it took a lot of time but sure worth it.

Hello People

Reaction score
Did some interior detailing, nothing too fancy just soapy water and a toothbrush and rags. Tomorrow I'll probably clean the carpets and cloth seats with Folex. That stuff works wonders.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416781532957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416781532957.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 71
Back