02 Accord Coupe

zbroad

Reaction score
Hello all! I just joined because I purchased a 2002 Accord Coupe V6 EXVL. Unfortunately is has a Auto, but I couldn't pass on the deal. It's white with tan leather, and there's not a scratch, ding, dent, or rust spot on the car. The interior is in mint condition without a rip tear or stain. The car has 106,500 miles on it and I picked it up for $5700. The car is a 100% untouched original vehicle. It was a local older lady who had bought it new and recently traded it in. She had is serviced at the same dealer for the entire life of the car and they had every service record.

I'm planning on keeping it mostly stock and enjoying it. I'll plan at some point in the future to possibly put a 6 speed manual in it, but right now I'm focusing on updating the radio (trying to find a clean stock looking radio with Bluetooth) and removing the gold badges.

Any other suggestions? I know finding such a clean untouched Honda in this shape is rare...

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That old lady swindled you my friend. What you have there is a 4cyl. :lawl:

I assume you meant that and not V6. Anyway that's a super clean car, wow nice find. Actually you should be relieved you bought one with the 5spd manual transmission because it is common for the auto trans on these cars to go out.

zbroad

Reaction score
I must have mistyped something... It definitely has the 3.0L V6 in it, and it is an auto.

Ya I mistyped that... I corrected it in my original post.

Brad2274

Reaction score
5700 is a bit pricey for that car but if it really is in the mint category of used cars then its worth it, let me know if you dont want those gold badges :cool:

zbroad

Reaction score
In Ohio here with the road salt, finding anything older than 6 years old without rust is usually almost impossible. This one looks like it was driven then washed and put in a vacuum.

I've already taken everything but the gold "H" off. I want to shave that too, but I dont want to do any body work, so I think I might paint it black and call it a day.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Haha. As for mod ideas check out the DIY section, and look through the members rides for inspiration.

Start saving for that 6spd. ;)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home.

As long as you baby your tranny, and change the fluid more frequently than the manufacturer's intervals, you should be fine. (Tranny for '02 is supposedly stronger than previous year's, but still not the best tho.)

cg6soldado

Reaction score
5700 is a bit pricey for that car but if it really is in the mint category of used cars then its worth it, let me know if you dont want those gold badges :cool:

Yea little pricey but if its mint and you liked it good for you bro post some pics!!!! And as for the gold badges they are a nice collection to have!! I just got mine in the mail yesterday!!

CokeZero

Reaction score
Start saving for that 6spd. ;)

554992_1404951159723363_2009883807_n.jpg

Back