More mpg ?

supremeaccord

Reaction score
I have come to the realization that achieving more hp on a automatic accord is minimal without throwing a lot of money into it due to the fact the car was made to be efficient and not fast. so why not look good and have about 30 to 50 mpg Now thats efficient.

i been looking cant find anything on it expect that cold air intakes help a lil

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
seafoam, new spark plugs, distributor cap, and other routine maintenance . cold air intake didn't help my mpg.. it got a lil worse actually

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Hooking up ram air to my Comptech icebox helped with the power and highway fuel economy. Less throttle input is needed. Probably got a few MPG better so my best on my J32/6spd was 34mpg. Basically just used a flexible coupler, forgot what angle and attached a 1 foot piece of PVC pipe to that and it shoots right up to the front. You'll have to cut out some of the bumper to open up some space in front of it however.

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm sure it's possible, Evan, but I was more concerned with smiles per gallon. lol

I remember Chris saying he got 2mpg more than the '03 CLS was supposed to get and attributed it to the Accord being a few hundred pounds lighter.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Ya that's me actually trying to cruise at low/normal speeds. That is usually not the case however. Ram air is pretty cheap and effective I would say. Does have this small supercharging effect (can vouch had 3 SC kits in the past).

Back