New from TN

Alltezza

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back to the Honda community. I'll add pics later it was raining like hell over here today.

Anyways there is a bit of a story behind my Honda Accord, I drive a 98 Accord by the way. It was my first car in high school, and then when I got to college my parents took it from me and gave it to my dumbass cousin.

Now let me explain why he's a dumbass, apparently he didn't know that VTEC burns oil, and he drives like an idiot. Eventually when he kept hittin VTEC the car eventually RAN OUT OF OIL and BAM the engine blew. I was PISSED AF.

2011- Early 2013 The car was a hand me down from my uncle(Mom's brother) who bought it brand new in 1997, it was originally green when we got it, my cousin got it painted black. When it was given to me, the car had 340K miles on it. When my parents took it from me and gave it to my cousin it died at around 360K miles HOLY **** this Accord LASTS FOREVER never had a single problem with it except for normal maintenance ****.

Late 2013 Anyways let's move on, so my uncle (Dad's brother/Cousin's dad) bought a new engine from I'm guessing Ebay the JDM version of the 6th gen accord. To be honest I kinda died and cried inside, because I'm over here like DUDE WHY WOULD YOU SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY, WHEN YOU CAN BUY AN H22 with A MANUAL. I was a little frustrated but whatever it wasn't my car anymore.

Fast forward to I think a year later in 2014, I stopped driving my Acura RL 2005 KB1, and decided to buy my own new car. Thus came I bought my Subaru BRZ, I love this car to hell I honestly hate Subaru I'm more of an Evo person but the BRZ is the closest I can get to a "modern" Honda S2000 and it wasn't a damn scion.

I been daily driving my BRZ, it's been upgraded from the headers all the way to the catback with a stage 2 tune, I will be boosting it some day soon. But damn my cars loud as **** and lately I been getting a lot of hate from people at work, usually the old security guards at my work place. Everyone else at work is pretty nice to me but I got tired of being accused of "speeding" and just haters in general. Mostly from the older security guards at work.

And I now have 26K on my BRZ now, and you know what I needed a daily driver. I was going to buy my co-worker's 95 S14 240SX, it's STOCK he was gonna sell it to me for a good deal I felt bad because I got him all hype for it. But then like we all do, I ran into money issues and tried to haggle him a little, he wasn't taking it I understand. So I call my uncle up since nobody's been driving the Accord except for my cousin's younger brother. I made him an offer on the Accord.

Now I have back my Honda Accord, the engine has been JDM swapped, I think it's the F23 from Japan. So the car has like close to 400K miles on it, but the engine and (auto) tranny, has 30-50K on it. I don't know I didn't buy the engine.

So hell yeah good deal, now I know the car is gonna last A LONG *** TIME AGAIN LOL.

I've already bought new headlights, and an HID kit. I was going to retro fit it, but to be honest man that's too much work and a lot of money for this to be my 2ndary car.

Damn I was gonna post the links but I'm a new member so it won't let me, but it's from Amazon(Headlights) and Diode Dynamics(HIDs), I was gonna buy from The retrofit source but they had my HID kit on hold/back order.

I do have some problems with my Accord though, the damn Speedometer is pretty off by 10 MPH. I was going like 80 mph but EVERYBODY was STILL flying by me, and the automatic transmission shifts hard af, when I put it in Drive mode I have to wait for it to engage otherwise I'll just be in neutral gasing it and it'll do a hard launch, same thing with the reverse. Dammit man fckin automatic transmissions LOL

Anyways there's my story about my 98 Accord about how it was taken from me and how I got it back. i hope you guys liked it, I can go into more detail if you guys like but i got my damn car back, unfortunately it's in pretty bad shape with dents and dings, and it looked like my dumbass cousin locked the keys in the car and you can see he tried to pry open the driver's side door which I'll take pictures and show you guys.

Another funny story is that, I actually had 2 6X9 speakers in my trunk of the Accord that he never knew was there so LOL it's still there and it still bangs like crazy.

5Zxpi48.jpg

N66j0bt.jpg

Alright I just thought I'd share some minor updates. So I bought new headlights and HIDs from Diode Dynamics, and Retrofit Source. Long story short, they sent me an incomplete package and I actually had my old Morimoto ballasts sitting around. Diode Dynamics were really friendly and gave me a refund.

QRsb0ze.jpg

3SPdWUk.jpg

Q7LRgls.jpg

8RMcyNY.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sounds like the car has been through a lot. Your cousin never noted the low oil light? With the transmission I'd start by checking the fluid level. Feel free to post up your BRZ in the non-6GA rides subforum.

After 7 days you can post links/photos, we have spammers to thank for that.

Last edited:
Back