New guy to the forum from illinois!

ssls1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I own a 2001 Honda Accord Ex with the f23a1 2.3l Vtec engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. I've owned car for about 7 months now, It's been a great car until a brake line burst and I let it sit for about 2 months, but finally I am back driving the car and it's better than it was when I got it.

About the car-
It has 133,000 miles on it, I paid around $950 for the car in terrible condition. I did a tune up and clutch replacement two days after I purchased it. I also threw on a set of bridge stone tires.

Then on my way home from work one day, the brakes went out and I limped him and let it sit in my drive way for 2 almost 3 months. I got tired of looking at it in my driveway untouched so I randomly started work on it. I replaced the bulging brake line and bled the brake system, then I replaced the fuel pump because it was really weak and had trouble starting, I also replaced the main relay all in one weekend. I then cleaned the whole car did a complete tune up on it and have been enjoying it ever since.

As for modifications go it's pretty much stock except for a AEM cold air intake that doesn't fit perfectly (probably be replacing it with a different one as this one sits on the ac lines....), it's also got a JVC cd player (because the guy took the factory radio out before I bought the car ( not sure why he kept the factory radio but he did ). Then it's got halo projector headlights from ebay that are perfect for the car, makes it look 100% better than the stock cloudy headlights it had and even better than the smoked lense headlights that I purchased off ebay. They also have a opt 7 8k hid kit!

So that's about it for my car! Thanks for the add

ssls1

Reaction score
It's been a good car, only mod I've really didn't need to do was the vtec engagement light. Witch was only installed to see when vtec kicks in. I used a blinking led, just because I had laying around...

Back