noob from wa

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
just joined after having dome issues with my mothers 1998 accord 2.3 vtec. i try not to be a foreign car mechanic but sometimes i just cant get away from it.

im a small engine/atv mechanic by trade and enjoy building anything old chevrolet. hoping someone here can set me up with some possible solutions for my car before i drag it down to a local shop(please dont make me do it! ;)) i have a post in the help quick section. thanks!!!

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Welcome Honda noob from another Honda noob.
My f23a was giving me issues also. Terrible idle and no power. Turning in my ac would stall the engine.

It turned out to be poor ignition. I was smelling something funky and it was unburned fuel/air.

Did the simple tune up with new distributor cap, rotor, wires, and good NGK plugs and the 211k mile engine purrs like a kitty now.

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Welcome Honda noob from another Honda noob.
My f23a was giving me issues also. Terrible idle and no power. Turning in my ac would stall the engine.

It turned out to be poor ignition. I was smelling something funky and it was unburned fuel/air.

Did the simple tune up with new distributor cap, rotor, wires, and good NGK plugs and the 211k mile engine purrs like a kitty now.

Wish mine was that easy, first thing i looked at was a tune up. Plugs were SHOT and the cap was bad too. Replaced cap, rotor, wires, and NGK plugs before i did anything and it didnt help. I think i am getting it narrowed down now. im thinking fuel pressure regulator now. going to get one tomorrow and try it. at least it isnt a $100 part!:banghead:

Back