CF4 Euro Accord fog lights DIY write up

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got tired of my 01-02 fogs so I decided to buy the cf4 fogs which was a great idea. The lighting from the euro fogs is easily 2x brighter then the oem fogs and that's just with the halogen bulbs that came with them.
Anyways I've had several people ask me to do a write up on how I did mine so here it is. I didn't take too many pics while doing it so 90% of them are from after when I just uninstalled them to show how I cut the bumper. Write up will be for how I wired mine but I will also list the 2 other ways you can wire them so you can choose how you want it.
I am not responsible for any damage or injury done to you or your car

Difficulty would be 4/10
Time needed 2-3 hours
Items needed:
Safety glasses (highly recommended)
Corded dremel with multiple cutoff wheels
Sharpie
Sander/Sandpaper 80,130 grit
18g wire
bullet connectors
electrical tape
split loom

Before

I recommend doing one side at a time

Step 1:
Take one of the euro fogs and set it in the fog opening on the bumper,take your sharpie and trace an outline of the fog on the bumper that is slightly smaller then the fog. This will give you a good starting point of what you need to cut out.
Repeat for other side

Step 2:
Put on your safety glasses (plastic will be going everywhere)
Grab you dremel and slowly cutout the line you traced. Make sure you have a good grip on it or it'll slip and you may gouge your bumper in other places. You will need to cut off the oem mounting point on the bumper on the inner side on both openings (side closest to grill) Be sure you don't cut off the outer oem mounting point as you will need this later.
Should look like this

Step 3:
After you have the line cut out set the fog back in the spot and see how the fitment is. Most likely you will have to cut more. I had to increase the height of my openings by about 1/8'' you need more clearance on the bottom. There are also two "fins" that are on the bottom of the fogs, when you have the proper length of the openings cut make sure you mark where the fins hit your bumper and make slits for them slide into. This helps keep them in place and make sure there is a little extra space for them to move in, it allows for minor adjustment before final mounting. Fitment will be off due to the outside oem mount being untouched so far.

Step 4:
Now on to the oem mounting point on the outside. You only need half of this, carefully cut the top portion off. You need the bottom for mounting the fogs. You may need to cut around some if there is anything in the way. Just be careful not to take off the bottom mount.

Step 5:
The fogs should now fit fairly well in the opening. There will most likely be a gap on the bottom due to how the bumper angles inward but it will be unnoticeable unless someone is looking underneath the fogs. Do any final trimming you feel necessary and then take the sander and clean up any rough edges. If you don't have a sander use sandpaper. (it'll just take longer)
Should look like this after/ fog was just held in by zipties for pic

Step 6:
Mounting the fog lights to the bumper
For the first part I used a screw and a small washer to hold in the outside part of the fog. I put it through the square hole and screwed it into the tab on the fog light.

For the other side I went a little ghetto until I can get a proper bracket made. I just drilled a small hole on the bottom of the bumper and used two zipties going through the hole in the bumper and the hole on the mounting tab on the fog. looks ghetto but it works very well and has held up to heavy rain and snow. And the ties have held up to -0 weather with no issues.

Step 7:
On to the wiring
When I bought my car I never had the little bulb that sits behind the amber strip in the headlights under the reflector bucket. So what I did is bought some 18g wire and cut off the connector for the little bulb and lengthened the wires down into the bumper. This will make them turn on with the parking lights.
Strip 1/4'' of insulation off the wire and add one end of the bullet connector
do the same to the wires from the plug on the fog lights. Make sure you don't mix up the ground and power wires. Wrap with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing. Connect the wires together and turn on your parking lights to see if they turn on. If they don't turn on check your connections. Protect everything by covering with split loom and wrap the ends with electrical tape. I also used some heat shrink tubing to mark what wire was power and negative
This is how it works when wired

Repeat all steps for other side

Alternate ways to wire the fogs
Option 1:
Buy oem fog light harness and install like you would normally and all you would have to do is cut off the h11 connectors and connect the wires from the euro fogs. Then they would work just like oem fogs.

Option 2:
Make your own harness w/ switch (don't do if not comfortable with wiring)
You would need to buy 18g wire and make a ground wire, battery wire, and wire to go to a switch. And you could buy any switch you wanted from an auto parts store/online. Would also need some sort of relay so you don't cause the wires to burn and catch your car on fire.

When all done it will look like this :lolrun:

Enjoy your new fogs

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Re: CF4 Euro fog lights install

They look bright. Like it a lot great write up too

SykVSyx

Reaction score
BkzTaffeta mounted them in the OEM 01-02 Coupe bumper, but it required custom work to make them sit perfectly flush.

I would rather have them sit flush as well, but not sure how much more flush they can be when mounted the way you did.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice write up, just would have been better to have more photos, and/or close ups of behind the bumper so people can see where things are mounted/routed, etc.

I think I prefer the recessed look as seen in the V6P link, but both installations look nice.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice write up, just would have been better to have more photos, and/or close ups of behind the bumper so people can see where things are mounted/routed, etc. QUOTE]

I plan on taking to bumper off later today when it warms up some to take more pictures since I forgot to take some as I was doing the install.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Could probably substitute some 'L' brackets for the zipties at some point, or use those drywall braces and cut those, since they already have holes in them.

Additional pics are helpful though.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Back